BEARS in THE SUPERBOWL!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 09:01 AM)
Im pretty sure thats what you meant. :)

And you are 100 percent right. It was insane how fast he was getting out of his stance when Brees said hike. There was a big deal made about how rare it is to sack Brees and how the Saints dont turn the ball over much, and the Bears totally dominated both of those categories yesterday.

I dont understand how Rex didnt have a good game to tell you the truth. Given the conditions, and the fact that he didnt have any turnovers, I was really happy with how he managed the game. The Bears knew this game was going to be won on the ground, and thats what they did. The passing game was secondary yesterday, and Rex's numbers refected that.

Whoops, yeah thanks for the correction. On one play he was in the backfield before brees took 2 steps. It was unreal. Anderson is truly turning into a premier pass rusher for us. The Saints didnt know what to do against our edge guys and the DT's were blowing up their center play after play.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 09:01 AM)
Im pretty sure thats what you meant. :)

And you are 100 percent right. It was insane how fast he was getting out of his stance when Brees said hike. There was a big deal made about how rare it is to sack Brees and how the Saints dont turn the ball over much, and the Bears totally dominated both of those categories yesterday.

I dont understand how Rex didnt have a good game to tell you the truth. Given the conditions, and the fact that he didnt have any turnovers, I was really happy with how he managed the game. The Bears knew this game was going to be won on the ground, and thats what they did. The passing game was secondary yesterday, and Rex's numbers refected that.

After watching the game a second time I've concluded that Rex did have a very good game yesterday. He had a few throws that he rushed and over threw sending them over Berrian and Clark's head plus the other toss to McKie at the goal line could have been thrown a bit more crisp but other than that he really didn't have any other bad throws that I saw. He was making excellent reads all day but was getting no help from his receivers and the elements really weren't helping him out at times. He threw the ball away about 50% of the time yesterday which was actually very impressive since he had nothing down the field and didn't want to force anything in there. Some good hit from Rex yesterday but he has to hit Clark in the endzone he was WIDE open.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
After watching the game a second time I've concluded that Rex did have a very good game yesterday. He had a few throws that he rushed and over threw sending them over Berrian and Clark's head plus the other toss to McKie at the goal line could have been thrown a bit more crisp but other than that he really didn't have any other bad throws that I saw. He was making excellent reads all day but was getting no help from his receivers and the elements really weren't helping him out at times. He threw the ball away about 50% of the time yesterday which was actually very impressive since he had nothing down the field and didn't want to force anything in there. Some good hit from Rex yesterday but he has to hit Clark in the endzone he was WIDE open.

The miss of Clark was the ONLY thing I would quibble with Rex about. Other than that he did exactly what he needed to do. Plus in reality, one mistake for a game like that is just fine with me.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 10:20 AM)
The miss of Clark was the ONLY thing I would quibble with Rex about. Other than that he did exactly what he needed to do. Plus in reality, one mistake for a game like that is just fine with me.

The one thing I noticed that I really liked was that he didn't really even come close to turning the ball over yesterday. Other than the ball that was tipped up in the air by Fred Thomas on the fly route to Berrian down the left sideline no other passes even touched the hands of a Saints DB, it was damn impressive.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 10:23 AM)
This is so great!!

It made me think about one of the great threads from recent Soxtalk history:

REX SHOULD RETIRE!

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46387

:lolhitting

I guess we'd have to call this "bringing Rexy back"?

Damn that was a classic thread.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
I've been having trouble deciding who my next Bears jersey will be, and as much as I love the big names, I don't want to go with one of them. Maynard would actually be a pretty kickass jersey to get..

The only guy who I can say I know are going to be around for a while is Urlacher, and everybody has an Urlacher jersey. I have one because I got one that's almost an authentic for $100, but that's the only reason. I bought a Berrian jersey (before the playoffs), because he has always been one of my favorites and nobody else has him.

BTW, I liked this quote from Dungy yesterday. "Why do we have to go to Miami? We should just play in Fort Wayne."

That thread is phenomenal, I forgot about it. I was really giving it to Crazyman, lol

money quote, directed at me:

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
I actually gauranteed 3 years ago when Grossman first came to Chicago he would never be a starting QB. So far I have been right but people tell me I am lucky to be right. It does not matter the reasons though, facts are facts, until he plays alot more than 2 starts in a single NFL season, he has never been a starting QB in the NFL, and I have been right since I predicted it 3 full years ago. Next year if he does not get injured, the people who discredit my prediction of 3 years ago will have run out of excuses I believe, since he will be on the bench behind Orton and no injury there as an excuse. They will have to concede I was right all along that Grossman would never be a starting QB in the NFL.

Hopefully you will also concede that I knew all along what was going to happen if I turn out to be right, especialy if Rex does not get injured.

Can someone please oh pretty please unban crazyman for a minute so I can rub this in his face?!?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 08:06 AM)
I'm so done with "experts," like Mike Golic knows anything more about the NFL these days than anyone else. All of those people are just ex-players who mostly sucked (apologies to Theisman).

Bradshaw...Howie Long...Mark Schlereth...Shannon Sharpe....are other experts that are some of the greatest to ever play there position and they say hello. Oh and don't forget Chris Carter.

They may be wrong from time to time, but these guys all played the game and as such they know more of the nuances than any amateur fan ever will (and I'm including myself in that one).

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 08:59 AM)
NFL network is reporting that Parcells just resigned in Dallas, according to Mike Mulligan!

TO wins again!

Wow. I don't necessarily think this is a case of TO winning. Rather I just think Parcells couldn't get along with Jerry Jones since both have pretty big ego's. For pete sakes, Jimmy Johnson & Jerry Jones were very very good friends and we saw where that relationship eventually went (and Parcells has twice the ego Johnson had and that says something).

One more gem from the crazyman thread

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
Well, think about this, last year the Bears decided they didn't want to spend the money on someone like Warner, and wound up with Orton starting most of their games. So if that's what they're thinking about, then signing one of those guys as a backup does make sense. Especially given that there seems to be a good shot at a lot of availble QB's this year: 3 top 10 draft picks, Brees, Kitna, Brooks, Pennington all are floating around. There's maybe a little glut to the market which could push the price down.

That said...if I'm the Bears, I make the gamble on Grossman again and spend my money elsewhere, just because of how the team performed last year without Grossman. You fill in the gaps from last year (Tight End, WR, Secondary) with the couple million you have in cap room and a draft pick or two, and if Grossman stays healthy, maybe you can pull off a 14-15 win season if that defense plays like it did for the first 2/3 of last season, and if he can't stay healthy, then maybe Benson and Orton improve a bit and allow you to win 12, make the playoffs again, and then not put Tillman on Steve Smith.

Balta calls his shot, swings, and becomes a legend.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 10:44 AM)
The only guy who I can say I know are going to be around for a while is Urlacher, and everybody has an Urlacher jersey. I have one because I got one that's almost an authentic for $100, but that's the only reason. I bought a Berrian jersey (before the playoffs), because he has always been one of my favorites and nobody else has him.

Since I dont have money for a jersey now, I'll be waiting to buy one for a bit anyway, at least until the draft probably. Then, if we end up taking someone I like (*cough* Matt Spaeth *cough*), I'll be getting their jersey :P

Gives me plenty of time to think though..

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 09:06 AM)
Wow. I don't necessarily think this is a case of TO winning. Rather I just think Parcells couldn't get along with Jerry Jones since both have pretty big ego's. For pete sakes, Jimmy Johnson & Jerry Jones were very very good friends and we saw where that relationship eventually went (and Parcells has twice the ego Johnson had and that says something).

Even with the Jerry Jones stuff, something tells me the continuing TO saga, combined with the Tony Romo saga, really played into this. If you just watched the way Parcells behaved on the sidelines during the year, you could probably have predicted it. Completely demoralized by the Romo-replaces-Bledsoe game, on top of the world by thanksgiving, and back to completely demoralized by the end of the year.

I just don't think he had it in his heart to lose any more and struggle with a team going in 8 different directions.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 06:34 PM)
Guess I am alone with a T. Harris jersey?

The problem with Tommie Harris is he's an incredibly good player and is only going to get more popular. You're going to see a ton of Harris, Grossman and Urlacher jerseys where ever you go and what's the fun in that? If I'm going to buy a jersey I want it to be somewhat original, a player that I'm not going to see everywhere I go. Just watching the Colts Pats game yesterday like 80% of the crowd was wearing #18 jerseys what's the fun in owning a Manning jersey when every jackass in Indiana has one in their closet?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)
The problem with Tommie Harris is he's an incredibly good player and is only going to get more popular. You're going to see a ton of Harris, Grossman and Urlacher jerseys where ever you go and what's the fun in that? If I'm going to buy a jersey I want it to be somewhat original, a player that I'm not going to see everywhere I go. Just watching the Colts Pats game yesterday like 80% of the crowd was wearing #18 jerseys what's the fun in owning a Manning jersey when every jackass in Indiana has one in their closet?

Of course it will get popular, but I would say I have yet to see one in a school of 4000 where I have seen just about everyone else.

First on the block counts for something, no?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)

Like Damaso Marte for instance. :ph34r:

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 07:17 PM)
Of course it will get popular, but I would say I have yet to see one in a school of 4000 where I have seen just about everyone else.

First on the block counts for something, no?

No, no it doesn't. By the end of next season you'll see just as many Harris jerseys as Grossman and you will look like an asshat (in my mind anyway) for wearing such a popular jersey.

Harris >>> Tillman as a player

but

Tillman >>>>>> Harris as a jersey

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 07:26 PM)
No, no it doesn't. By the end of next season you'll see just as many Harris jerseys as Grossman and you will look like an asshat (in my mind anyway) for wearing such a popular jersey.

Harris >>> Tillman as a player

but

Tillman >>>>>> Harris as a jersey

:lol:

I have seen way more Tillman than Harris jerseys this year.

But if it requires looking like an asshat to show my TH man love then I will look like an asshat. :)