Sox @ Rangers, March 13

Heads22

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
Good things its spring training and it has nothing to do with where he is putting him during the reg season.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. After the 20th misplay in CF last year you'd think Ozzie would have learned his lesson. Yet he continued to trot him out there.

Edited by BigSqwert

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
Good things its spring training and it has nothing to do with where he is putting him during the reg season.

But why the f*** would he do it? Even if it is Spring Training, this accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Has Erstad even played CF so far this Spring?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
I wouldn't be so sure about that. After the 20th misplay in CF last year you'd think Ozzie would have learned his lesson.

Its spring training for god sakes. Maybe he wanted to see how Erstad and Luis handled the corner positions and wanted Mack to get at bats early in the game. If this lineup had ANYTHING to do with his regular season lineup then why is Fields DH'ing, Why the hell is Rogo at 1B!!! I thought Konerko played 1B!!!

Come on people.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
Its spring training for god sakes. Maybe he wanted to see how Erstad and Luis handled the corner positions and wanted Mack to get at bats early in the game. If this lineup had ANYTHING to do with his regular season lineup then why is Fields DH'ing, Why the hell is Rogo at 1B!!! I thought Konerko played 1B!!!

Come on people.

Then have AJ at SS while we're at it.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
because last year AJ played utility man and played SS occassionally, right?

Its ST, stop it already

I'm trying to figure out why we have Erstad? Isn't he the backup CF? Isn't Mack better as a corner OF? What is the team gaining by having the 2 out of position? Is this the PS3?

Edited by BigSqwert

Top 2ND B:0 S:0 O:1

Rob Mackowiak flies out to left fielder Marlon Byrd.

Top 2ND B:0 S:0 O:1

Alex Cintron doubles (1) on a ground ball to right fielder Sammy Sosa.

Top 2ND B:0 S:1 O:1

With Luis Terrero batting, wild pitch by Vicente Padilla, Alex Cintron to 3rd.

Top 2ND B:0 S:3 O:2

Luis Terrero strikes out swinging.

Top 2ND B:0 S:0 O:2

Casey Rogowski doubles (1) on a line drive to right fielder Sammy Sosa. Alex Cintron scores.

Pedro Lopez triples (1) on a fly ball to center fielder Kenny Lofton. Casey Rogowski scores.

Darin Erstad doubles (1) on a fly ball to center fielder Kenny Lofton. Pedro Lopez scores.

Top 2ND B:0 S:0 O:3

Pablo Ozuna grounds out, shortstop Michael Young to first baseman Brad Wilkerson.

Best revenge Pierzysnki could have had in homering off Padilla.

I'll also mention why I believe placing Mackowiak in CF is a bad idea. Floyd and Danks are auditioning for jobs. Do we want either to be effected by a misplay (or three) in CF for Mackowiak? I'd like to believe our coaching staff understands any runs charged afterward an error/misplay should be taken into consideration, but you never know.

I realize it also depends on the situation. If there are two outs, no one on, and Mackowiak misjudges a single it shouldn't unravel either pitcher. However, just the possibility of something happening would be enough for me -- if I were Guillen -- not to have Mackowiak in.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
4-0 Sox. Damn you Darin.

Erstad and Anderson have been two of the better Sox hitters this Spring.

How about this... instead of those two competing for the CF job, we put one in LF and one in CF. Better defense in LF? Yup. Equal or slightly better production than last season? Yup. And a roster spot for Eduardo Perez, making the Sox bench uber-strong? Yup.

Looks like that would leave one guy out in the cold...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
Erstad and Anderson have been two of the better Sox hitters this Spring.

How about this... instead of those two competing for the CF job, we put one in LF and one in CF. Better defense in LF? Yup. Equal or slightly better production than last season? Yup. And a roster spot for Eduardo Perez, making the Sox bench uber-strong? Yup.

Looks like that would leave one guy out in the cold...

We could only hope for that situation. After seeing how long it took Pods to get comfortable after surgery last year, there's no doubt in my mind he should spend the first decade, sorry, I meant month, on the DL.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
I'll also mention why I believe placing Mackowiak in CF is a bad idea. Floyd and Danks are auditioning for jobs. Do we want either to be effected by a misplay (or three) in CF for Mackowiak? I'd like to believe our coaching staff understands any runs charged afterward an error/misplay should be taken into consideration, but you never know.

The worst defensive player out there today is Pedro Lopez. I was in Tucson earlier this spring and the guy has no defensive ability what so ever. As far as Danks and Floyd go with this crappy defense. It could also be a test of their capactity to pitch over defensive lapses.

This was a travel game and a pretty far one was it not????

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
I'm trying to figure out why we have Erstad? Isn't he the backup CF? Isn't Mack better as a corner OF? What is the team gaining by having the 2 out of position? Is this the PS3?

No, Erstad will be our starting LF and BA will be our backup CF once the trade for Rowand is complete.