TONIGHT'S GAME POSTPONED

Heads22

CHICAGO -- Tonight's game between the Chicago White Sox and the Minnesota Twins has been postponed due to the extremely cold temperatures and winds forecast for tonight.

The game will be re-scheduled on a date to be determined. Fans should retain their tickets and parking for tonight's postponed contest until a decision has been announced regarding the re-scheduled game.

The White Sox and Twins are scheduled to play Saturday at 2:55 p.m. and again on Sunday at 1:05 p.m. as the White Sox conclude this season-opening homestand. Tickets remain for both weekend games.

For more information, visit whitesox.com.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 08:49 AM)
So do they push the rotation back? Does this mean we don't have to see Santana on Sunday?

Depends on a couple things. They may well decide to try to reschedule this game as a double-header this weekend, but they're probably waiting on weather forecasts to make that decision. If both teams do push back their rotation a day, and there is no double-header, yes, that would mean that we miss Santana.

However, this is the Twins/White Sox we're talking about. Which means...Johan could still throw on Sunday on 5 days rest. So if the Twins wanted to, they could tell Mr. Silva or Mr. Ponson that they're bumping back their suckiness to some day when the Twins aren't facing the White Sox, and Santana could still go.

The thing that this does do to help, if there is no double-header this weekend, is it gives Mark Buehrle an extra day to recover. It also gives Mr. Contreras an extra day to rest/work...and perhaps most importantly, it gives that White Sox bullpen a complete day off, with a guy going on Saturday who usually eats innings.

I will say though...Danks vs. Santana would be an interesting matchup, considering we've seen McCarthy/Santana before.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 10:51 AM)
They should have a double header on Sunday.

And I am really bummed, I was looking forward to seeing Danks pitch tommorow.

Teams aren't really big on doubleheaders before playing in California the next day.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
Well too bad, suck it up. Back in the day Teams always had double headers on the weekends.

So, you're advocating playing one game at 1 PM, another probably around 5 or 6 PM, getting done with the game around 9 PM, leaving town like 3 AM, getting into Oakland like 5 AM their time, and playing a game just 12 hours later after playing two games the night before? Sucking it up or not, that's pretty brutal, especially on an already heavily worked bullpen.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 10:49 AM)
So do they push the rotation back? Does this mean we don't have to see Santana on Sunday?

Checking the Whitesox.com page, they have the matchup as Danks/Ponson.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)
So, you're advocating playing one game at 1 PM, another probably around 5 or 6 PM, getting done with the game around 9 PM, leaving town like 3 AM, getting into Oakland like 5 AM their time, and playing a game just 12 hours later after playing two games the night before? Sucking it up or not, that's pretty brutal, especially on an already heavily worked bullpen.

It's not that they get paid dirt, they get millions. Earn your money, and suck it up. I know I would if I was getting played a couple million to play baseball.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
Checking the Whitesox.com page, they have the matchup as Danks/Ponson.

Well, I think that is because their still the scheduled pitcher, but that will change soon.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:02 AM)
REmember that time you beat a bear to death with your looseleaf notebook?

I never got a looseleaf notebook to battle the bears I came across...

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)

Or, they could play a chilly night game in the first week of April.

I blame the idiots who scheduled a night game for, let me say it again, the first week of April.

There should be no night games until at the very least the 3rd week of April.

There will be no double header the weather tomorrow and Sunday is still crappy and Sox lose money.

The teams have plenty of open dates and Minnesota is not that far from Chicago for travel issues.

Coinciding open dates

4/16

5/7 Come from Sunday afternoon in LA to Minny the next day this is when I think it may be scheduled

5/14

5/24

6/21

8/27

8/13

I believe MLB regulates that the game be made up at the first open date which would be 4/16.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
It's not that they get paid dirt, they get millions. Earn your money, and suck it up. I know I would if I was getting played a couple million to play baseball.

Believe it or not, some of the guys are kind of old and creaky. Three games in 36 hours puts a bit of a toll on the team mentally as well as physically, plus, God forbid one of our starters gets pulled in the second inning again. Plus, it makes no sense to do it on a getaway day where we play in Oakland the next day.