White Sox vs. A's, 4/11/07 (W)

ShoeLessRob

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
Yeah.

What do you think the odds are that Razor is the next manager of the Sox? I couldn't see it happening till atleast 2009, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Sandy Alomar would be my prediction, and this is just one of my worthless predictions, but we'll either have a new GM or Manager after this year.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 11:52 AM)
Sandy Alomar would be my prediction, and this is just one of my worthless predictions, but we'll either have a new GM or Manager after this year.

Interesting. I know Sandy has a good reputation with the organization, but wouldn't you think they'd want him to get some managing experience in the minors before hand? Especially if the team is going to go with more youth, Razor seems like the ideal fit. I'm fairly positive that he has a very good relationship with Kenny, but I suppose if Kenny isn't making the call than who knows.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
Interesting. I know Sandy has a good reputation with the organization, but wouldn't you think they'd want him to get some managing experience in the minors before hand? Especially if the team is going to go with more youth, Razor seems like the ideal fit. I'm fairly positive that he has a very good relationship with Kenny, but I suppose if Kenny isn't making the call than who knows.

Yes, I would say that KW and Razor are closer than KW and Ozzie.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 11:57 AM)
I keep staring at the Pods play. How does this happen? He wasn't even looking at the ball, was it a line drive or something? At least when the ball hit Canseco he was LOOKING at it.

I have no idea what he was trying to do. I doubt he even knows what he was trying to do.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 11:44 AM)
I've decided that if Ozzie has a personal issue with any of our players, I no longer want that player in the organization. It benefits no one.

I agree. I'll be happy when the Sox get rid of Anderson -- it can't happen soon enough. His presence on the roster hurts the team, since it's like playing a man short. I actually think Anderson has some talent, but his bags should be packed and Terrero or whomever Ozzie would be willing play in the 9th instead of Pods should be on the team tomorrow.

And, really, Anderson would be much better off starting for the Marlins where he'd have a chance to succeed or fail rather than simply hold the bench down.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:20 PM)
I agree. I'll be happy when the Sox get rid of Anderson -- it can't happen soon enough. His presence on the roster hurts the team, since it's like playing a man short. I actually think Anderson has some talent, but his bags should be packed and Terrero or whomever Ozzie would be willing play in the 9th instead of Pods should be on the team tomorrow.

And, really, Anderson would be much better off starting for the Marlins where he'd have a chance to succeed or fail rather than simply hold the bench down.

I'd do anything to have Anderson in the minors and Eduardo Perez on this roster.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:31 PM)
the play was actually a lot harder than it looks in that clip. He was sprinting straight backwards trying to get there. bobby blew the game not pods.

Without a doubt. The slow motion with the goofy leap, followed by the ball hitting him on the head and then his uncontrolled collision with the wall/ground make him look exceptionally bad. Pods had very little time to get in position to make a controlled catch. However, BA or Erstad make that play in their sleep. Ozzie screwed up with his lack of outfield replacements in the 9th, no matter how ineffective Bobby was.

Lets leave last nights debachle in the Postgame thread. There is plenty of blame tossed around in there, lets keep this thread focused on the game at hand.

Ultra-rare Brian Anderson appearance! Tape it on TIVO! Call a friend! He lives!

hopefully Buehrle will pitch this season like most players in their contract season... great. So starting tonight, earn some money MB! - even though I don't want KW spending 100 billion to re-sign you if you do have a great season. ;)

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
If the white sox are playing some B players on a day game after a night game wouldn't the A's being doing the same. Seems pretty standard. Doesn't Kendall need a rest he cant catch everday.

Kendall sucks....I hope he's playing.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 11:12 AM)
Aj hits Kennedy at at .350 clip (17 AB's)

Iguchi and Anderson are 0-7

Pods hits him .250

Konerko is 11/15 with a 2.276 OPS. :P

And I'll add, Hopefully within a few months we'll be saying that Anderson's sucky "bat v. pitcher" #'s are much more a function of his slow start to his career than his actual ability against a particular pitcher.