White Sox vs. Indians, 4/14/07 (L)

ShoeLessRob

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
Anderson isn't going to pinch hit... I'd rather see Greg Walker (the god of hitting) up there. Ozuna and Cintron would be ideal.

If Randy Johnson from 1994 was pitching, would Ozzie actually consider pinch-hitting for Pods?

EDIT: Thank God for Chad Durbin. You know you're bad when the pitching starved Royals don't want you.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IF we resign Dye, we might consider leaving him of the roster until July. His start this year reminds me of how he started 2005. He looks like he is only swinging hard just in case he runs into one.

Oh please.

Dye had one bad month in 2005.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
Byrd.

6 IP

5 H

0 R (I'll repeat that 0 R)

0 ER

2 BB

5 SO (I'll repeat that 5 SO for a non K pitcher)

Wow..

I'm going to keep track of his next several starts after this. I'll guarantee he won't come anywhere close to this line.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
Send Anderson down, so at least he can get some ABs. Because when grinderstad is hitting 200 come June, maybe KW will want to make a change.

.200? That would require him to go on a hot stretch.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
I'm going to keep track of his next several starts after this. I'll guarantee he won't come anywhere close to this line.

While your at it, update your Danks line to your sig.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
Send Anderson down, so at least he can get some ABs. Because when grinderstad is hitting 200 come June, maybe KW will want to make a change.

Hell, might as well trade him. Ozzie's obviously not a fan of his, and we saw how that ended for McCarthy and Tracey.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)
Hell, might as well trade him. Ozzie's obviously not a fan of his, and we saw how that ended for McCarthy and Tracey.

I have a hunch Ozzie might be on his way out, he's due for one huge outburst this year that includes a racial slur. The thing is, I don't necessarily won't him fired I just wish he weren't so f***ing stubborn.

You know what... who cares about Walker? These are major league hitters/ They should know that you cant hit a home run every AB like in high school, college, or stick ball in the Dominican. You have to go with pitches, and try and hit line drives, with nice short, swings.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
I have held out and not made any posts in this thread, although I have been here the whole time.

This is without a doubt the most frustrating game I have watched in recent memory. Men at the corners, no outs, and we have to watch that approach to the plate? Wow.

You have seen this before. Carlos Lee, Jose Valentin versus the Twins late in August. KW stating if he sees one more home run cut when we need a single he will throw up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)

And Rauch.

I was eviscerated earlier this week when suggesting a change in batting coaches, but another week of this, if the pitching continues to be strong, and you'll start hearing murmurs.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
I have a hunch Ozzie might be on his way out, he's due for one huge outburst this year that includes a racial slur. The thing is, I don't necessarily won't him fired I just wish he weren't so f***ing stubborn.

It's funny, but I said this to my dad last night: If J. Jackson or Al Sharpton were gay, Ozzie Guillen would have been fired last year.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:00 PM)
And Rauch.

I was eviscerated earlier this week when suggesting a change in batting coaches, but another week of this, if the pitching continues to be strong, and you'll start hearing murmurs.

pitching hasn't been a problem... yet