White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:04 AM)
I'm definitely not opposed to Baldelli, but I'm not about to trade Dye for him nor am I about to say that Dye won't be back with the organization. In fact, I think the odds of Dye returning are about 50/50 and I even feel the same way about Buehrle/Iguchi.

My Dye to LAAAA for Saunders, Saunders + prospects for Baldelli is clearly a pipe dream.

I have one hope this offseason -- that the Sox go full out after A-Rod if he becomes a FA.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
Not really. When he started hitting well in the second half -- and it was clear his defense was helping the pitchers -- he was still platooned.

Thats cause at that point he had already buried himself and while I realize his average improved, all you had to do was watch the games to realize his approach and swing were still god awful.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:07 AM)
My Dye to LAAAA for Saunders, Saunders + prospects for Baldelli is clearly a pipe dream.

I have one hope this offseason -- that the Sox go full out after A-Rod if he becomes a FA.

I think A-Rod has played himself out of the Sox reach. He is going to command a ton of cash.

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
The other week I was listening to ron santo talk to whoever his partner is about "ice hot tamales" and how confusing they were while driving my car down I-55. It took every bit of will I had to keep myself from turning my car into the kankakee river. I realize I could have just turned off the radio but the memory would still be there.

http://www.candydirect.com/bars/Hot-Tamales-Ice.html

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:06 AM)
Jason, I hope you're right. I was hoping this offseason we'd deal Jose with his new high(er) value.

For two years now, I've been hoping to go online during the offseason to see we traded him for Adam Dunn.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:08 AM)
I think A-Rod has played himself out of the Sox reach. He is going to command a ton of cash.

Cubs fans are already pencilling him into their lineup next year.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:07 AM)
Thats cause at that point he had already buried himself and while I realize his average improved, all you had to do was watch the games to realize his approach and swing were still god awful.

I disagree. He was still swinging-and-missing, but he was hitting the ball with more authority.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:06 PM)
Screw Jones. Get Ichiro. That fits a need more than Jones does. He can leadoff. He is a hard guy to strikeout. He hits lefties as well as righties. He can steal. And he plays good defense with a great arm.

we've been competitive with a maso menos lead off man for two years now, 3 won't kill us, we need to keep the production in the heart of our order up Thome, Konerko, Jones thats a stacked 3-4-5. all the while playing GG defense at a premium position. a defensive OF of Erstad/Jones/Sweeney is going to help our pitching staff out alot.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)

I'll say one thing, if the Angels don't finally get off there asses and acquire a bat I may officially protest them. Stoneman has continued to be an absolute moron and he's refused to give up any kids in order to protect these team for the future. However, during that entire span he's had a team thats a bat away from potentially winning another world series and the longer he waits the lesser the chance of something like that happening.

This year the Angels have a loaded rotation, a deep pen and they have a nice influx of young players/veterans in the lineup but they still lack that major bat to put with Vladdy. If they weren't willing to give up Saunders and a couple prospects they'd be absolutely morons. Quite frankly that woudln't be enough to convince me to move Dye.

My price would start at Weaver or Santana (and I realize there are some injury concerns with Weaver and obviously Santana has struggled on the road but I don't care, he's got a far better up and much more upside than Saunders) and I'd also demand Figgins (this is mainly because I absolutely love Figgy) and a prospect. There is no reason the Angels shouldn't overpay to get a bat like Dye's.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:09 AM)
For two years now, I've been hoping to go online during the offseason to see we traded him for Adam Dunn.

Yeah, that Soriano deal sure is paying off. Maybe Texas will sign him to some crazy contract.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:10 AM)
I disagree. He was still swinging-and-missing, but he was hitting the ball with more authority.

I thought most of Anderson's homers took place when his batting average was extremely low.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)

I'd freaking throw up if the Sox acquired Adam Dunn. That guy is the reason why I think stat people are absolutely fools. People rave about his ability but I rave about how completely over-rated he is (not saying he's a bad player, but he isn't the god statisticians make him out to be).

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)

Cub fans can have them. IT would just mean they have a bit more offense to go with that awful rotation.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:12 AM)
Yeah, that Soriano deal sure is paying off. Maybe Texas will sign him to some crazy contract.

The Cubs offense will be superb when the wind is blowing out during the summer. It's just that their pitchers aren't going to be nearly as good as they have been with the change in conditions.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:13 PM)
I'd freaking throw up if the Sox acquired Adam Dunn. That guy is the reason why I think stat people are absolutely fools. People rave about his ability but I rave about how completely over-rated he is (not saying he's a bad player, but he isn't the god statisticians make him out to be).

Cub fans can have them. IT would just mean they have a bit more offense to go with that awful rotation.

Dunn's a lot like Thome.

Pena has a freakin double.

:angry:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:13 PM)

Defensively, Dunn plays left field about as well as Ross Gload.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
I thought most of Anderson's homers took place when his batting average was extremely low.

IIRC they did. Anderson looked just as bad at the end of the season as he did at the beginning of the season (his avg was better and I do happen to think given how bad Mack was in CF that he should have still been playing, but this year Erstad is as good defensively, if not better, and offensively he's a far better player). Its one of the reasons the Sox were quietly looking for CF's all off-season. In fact I'm quite surprised nothing happend with Tampa or Milwaukee considering the Sox were constantly in talks with them.