Wow, that was pathetic

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 03:10 AM)
I still like the fact that they brought the tying run to the plate. Too bad Brian was trying to tie it with one swing instead of just trying for solid contact. Still, they played like s*** (which all teams do) and still had a chance to win.

Wow, I never would have expected that response from you. It's not at all like you just post the same tired s*** over and over no matter what happens!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 02:10 AM)
I still like the fact that they brought the tying run to the plate. Too bad Brian was trying to tie it with one swing instead of just trying for solid contact. Still, they played like s*** (which all teams do) and still had a chance to win.

Why not try and tie it with one swing? You're facing Todd Jones, the count is in your favor, and there's no guarantee that two more guys are going to get to the plate (which is what it likely would have taken to tie the game otherwise).

I just wish Thome or Dye were healthy enough to take a swing, but s*** happens and I think we'll all live. It was a bad game, and the blame goes around equally for everyone offensively, because getting shut down by this guy 2 times is ridiculous.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 02:17 AM)
Why not try and tie it with one swing? You're facing Todd Jones, the count is in your favor, and there's no guarantee that two more guys are going to get to the plate (which is what it likely would have taken to tie the game otherwise).

I just wish Thome or Dye were healthy enough to take a swing, but s*** happens and I think we'll all live. It was a bad game, and the blame goes around equally for everyone offensively, because getting shut down by this guy 2 times is ridiculous.

When was the last time he shut us down? Last year sometime?

I watched the game on ESPN. First inning woes by our starters again and a real sub par offensive display. I couldn't believe our offense, but when a starter gives up 3 or 4 runs right out of the chute you can't always expect the offense to dig them out. I would like to know what is the problem with these pitchers in that 1st inning? We had our chances last night for sure though.

On a positive note...after that first inning, Danks battled the rest of the time he was in there. Obviously didn't have his best stuff, but fought through it. And Logan wasn't all that bad.

I thought Orel Hershiser's comments about being afraid of the name players as a rookie pitcher was right on target last night. Danks didn't look as good vs. 1-4 than he did against 5-9. He made Thames look horrible...and I-Rod look like a god.

BA missed about 5 meatballs last night. It's time to send him down. Let him get his confidence back...and I am a BA sympathizer...but last night was it for me.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:11 AM)
On a positive note...after that first inning, Danks battled the rest of the time he was in there. Obviously didn't have his best stuff, but fought through it. And Logan wasn't all that bad.

I thought Orel Hershiser's comments about being afraid of the name players as a rookie pitcher was right on target last night. Danks didn't look as good vs. 1-4 than he did against 5-9. He made Thames look horrible...and I-Rod look like a god.

BA missed about 5 meatballs last night. It's time to send him down. Let him get his confidence back...and I am a BA sympathizer...but last night was it for me.

Agreed on all counts.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)
I watched the game on ESPN. First inning woes by our starters again and a real sub par offensive display. I couldn't believe our offense, but when a starter gives up 3 or 4 runs right out of the chute you can't always expect the offense to dig them out.

Against Chad Durbin, you absolutely expect the offense to dig them out. Even with a Low A lineup.

Danks was awesome IMO last night. his control hurt him in the 1st, but after that he looked great. His curve changed from a sweeper to lefties to a hammer to righties. Ive never seen him do that before and throw it for strikes. His straight change barely drops at all, that is almost impossible to judge as a hitter. This kid is going to be something.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:27 AM)
Danks was awesome IMO last night. his control hurt him in the 1st, but after that he looked great. His curve changed from a sweeper to lefties to a hammer to righties. Ive never seen him do that before and throw it for strikes. His straight change barely drops at all, that is almost impossible to judge as a hitter. This kid is going to be something.

Please tell me you are nailing the chick in your avatar every night...and if not...

What? I'm sorry. Yes, Danks battled his butt back. I just wish...wow, I love dirndls...sorry, they White Sox could score some runs for him.

We have no patience at the plate. There is no way we should have let that guy get away with pitching 8 inning and 100 pitches. If we arent going to hit anything at least make him work for it. I dont think we drew a walk all night until Zumaya imploded.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:58 AM)
When was the last time he shut us down? Last year sometime?

He's had two scoreless appearances against the Sox, had one in September and then one in August before you can find an outing in which he allowed a run against the Sox. That's 4 scoreless outings in a row, and seeing as how he was only asked to get 1 out, it's really not that surprising that it happened.

And, just an FYI, he's faced the Sox 10 times since the start of last year, and has had 9 scoreless outings. Let's not act like he gets lit up every time he faces the Sox.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:52 AM)
It was quite the ugly performance. Any word if Thome and/or Dye will be back in the lineup tonight?

Definitely not. Neither will PK, Pierzynski, or Erstad.

Pitiful game last night. Danks, besides for the 1st inning, looked pretty good. I noticed he was throwing his curve more last night. If he can get better command of it, to go along with his fastball and change, watch out. Logan looked good as well, but you could tell he was losing his stuff in his 3rd inning of work, as he isn't used to of ever going that long.

But the way this team made Chad freaking Durbin look like Cy Young was disgusting. He was leaving meatballs all over the place, and all this team was doing was popping them up. And nice to see PK still sucking.