White Sox vs. Mariners, 5/2/07 (L)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a fun, pathetic lineup today. My prediction is:

Erstad (1B), Iguchi, Dye, AJP, Crede, Mackowiak, Uribe, Cintron, Sweeney

Will someone please be on the lookout for any reference to the '67 pennant chase?

Hit the f***ing ball. That is all.

Keep your back shoulder and your front shoulder in line, drive the bat direct toward the ball with little movement. Do not dip your back shoulder or attempt to go for the fence. If you can, try working from right to left until your swing is back. These are things that the hitting coach should be saying.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:11 AM)

You may not be far off. Konerko hasn't fared well against Bautista (albeit in 8 AB's), and despite our offensive struggles, he could certaintly use a break.

Mackowiak and Erstad have hit him well under similar circumstances of limited ABs.

Please, for the love of Christ, wake the f*** up!!!

Last nights game was mortifying to watch. We cannot dig ourselves a hole on this road trip, and by all indications from last night, that is exactly what might happen.

Just start hitting and not swing for the goddamn fences.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:11 AM)

Will someone please be on the lookout for any reference to the '67 pennant chase?

Remember, Terrero did homer yesterday. That could earn him a few starts in a row.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2007 -> 08:46 AM)
Remember, Terrero did homer yesterday. That could earn him a few starts in a row.

Only against left handers, I'm sure.

Just keep freaking Ryan Sweeney in the lineup. Every bloody day. PLatoon Terrero with Erstad, but keep Sweeney in the bloody lineup.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)

The question here is which Guillen philosophy will win out -- playing the "hot hand" (which with the White Sox is anyone hitting greater than .250), or going with the traditional righty/lefty matchup. Righthanders have fared well against Bautista, so it'll be interesting to say the least.

If Terrero does start today he may easily eclipse my self imposed mark of May 18th as the day Anderson's total April ABs (17) have been passed.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 2, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
gee, whats the over under for white sox hits?? 5?

i'll take the under.

Since Danks is pitching I will take the under, Looks like Batista gets to lower his ERA today.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
"Jimbo Magic"

Does that involve whiskey and a beer chaser?

Exactly, no need for chasers though.

Chasers for you kids is the drink after a shot to help it go down. There is your lesson from me, the alchy.

The Sox bats will break out this afternoon, and continue for the rest of the trip. Sox will win todays game, getting Danks his first MLB win. Sox will finish the trip with a 5-3 record, going 5-2 in these next 7 games.

Sox- 9

Mariners- 3

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:41 PM)
The Sox bats will break out this afternoon, and continue for the rest of the trip. Sox will win todays game, getting Danks his first MLB win. Sox will finish the trip with a 5-3 record, going 5-2 in these next 7 games.

Sox- 9

Mariners- 3

holy s***, you really have faith in this hitting machine...haha.

5-1 sox lose.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
Exactly, no need for chasers though.

Chasers for you kids is the drink after a shot to help it go down. There is your lesson from me, the alchy.

The only thing whiskey should be chased with is more whiskey.

Sox get 2-hit and lose 4-1 on another good outing by Danks.

Edited by StrangeSox