White Sox Winner!!!!!!!!!

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 6, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
Huge win for us today. Sweeney with a nice game. Bobby still worries the s*** out of me though.

Yeah because of a broken bat single, and a walk. When bobby can hit > 95 he is hard to beat with his secondary pitches.

The line drive kid comes through. To me that kid plays in LF until he proves he cant. Give him a chance. Good thing he is one of Ozzies favorites. he should get lots of playing time.

huge game for AJ. Pinch hit homer to tie it then game winning hit in extras. hopefully thats the spark he needed to get him out of his funk.

Sweeney with 2 doubles today, might be igniting the offense a little bit with some help from the bottom of the order.

Buerhle pitched well with i think 7 strong innings only 3 earned runs. but didnt factor in the decision.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 6, 2007 -> 05:50 PM)
Too bad he's not hitting 95.

Comcast + WGN + Soxnet gun = Ebay 1st generation crap.

I would go on what is registered at the park or by the opposition broadcast over what we see. They cant even get the sound right. How do you think they do with radar.

I was walking out of Angels stadium as the top of the 8th was getting started (a whining 4 year old on my shoulders). Was nice to hear the boos for AJ from the parking lot...and then the collective sigh.

Can't believe they won that game. They looked dead.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
Comcast + WGN + Soxnet gun = Ebay 1st generation crap.

I would go on what is registered at the park or by the opposition broadcast over what we see. They cant even get the sound right. How do you think they do with radar.

We don't know what the gun at the park said. The last couple years he was throwing 96-99 on the comcast gun.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 6, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
Huge win for us today. Sweeney with a nice game. Bobby still worries the s*** out of me though.

Curiously, we've come from behind in 8 of our 9 road wins this year.

We really need to pick it up at home though, where our "power" line-up gives us an advantage.

2 games under at home, 2 games over on the road.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 06:21 PM)

We really need to pick it up at home though, where our "power" line-up gives us an advantage.

Happy as I am over the win today, this team needs to pick it up period, specifically the offense. I've seen signs of improvement, but nothing more than that.

And Ozzie needs to learn how to make a f'ing lineup sometime within the next week because there's absolutely no reason to ever have Iguchi in the 5th hole ever ever ever ever. What a joke.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 11:21 PM)

Plus we won two west cost series' from the top two west coast teams.

Well they say the only stupid questions are the ones we don't ask, but I guess I will attempt to prove that wrong here. Why is Podsednik so terrible? He seemed to be doing alright before the injury. Other than injuries, what went wrong since our love-fest got him the 2005 ASG?

SFF

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ May 6, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
Well they say the only stupid questions are the ones we don't ask, but I guess I will attempt to prove that wrong here. Why is Podsednik so terrible? He seemed to be doing alright before the injury. Other than injuries, what went wrong since our love-fest got him the 2005 ASG?

SFF

2006, his injury history over the last 3 seasons and the fact that nobody expects him to return to the form that had him threatening for the most stolen bases in the major leagues through the first two months of the 2005 season.

If you take away his speed and his aggressiveness, he's a below average LF with no power...and you can't get that lack of production out of LF if you have a low OPS hitter in CF as well.

The other reason is because so many Sox fans are rooting for a homegrown White Sox prospect to make it and, if not an All-Star, at least be the equivalent of Rowand or Crede as any everyday player.

Sweeney is only 22, likeable, plays the game naturally, has a great swing, is beloved by Ozzie...a lot of people (myself included) see him as the future, but nobody was sure if it was in LF, CF or RF.

But he's here now...so everybody is rooting for a breakthrough with our minor league system.

Even before this game I was thinking I want to Sweeney in the lineup EVERYDAY.I very rarely get on Oz but if he goes and puts Sweeney in the lineup like once this week and thats it Iam gonna go crazy.I dont care if Pods even comes back if they put Sweeney out there,his defense is far better anyways.

QUOTE(shipps @ May 6, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
Even before this game I was thinking I want to Sweeney in the lineup EVERYDAY.I very rarely get on Oz but if he goes and puts Sweeney in the lineup like once this week and thats it Iam gonna go crazy.I dont care if Pods even comes back if they put Sweeney out there,his defense is far better anyways.

Sweeney will play 4-6 games per week. You can bet on that.