Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
i hope the new nba jam still has the horrible logo/player graphics for the team select screen.

I hope they still have the feature in the new game where, no matter how bad you were kicking the computer's ass, they'd manage to fight their way back. Including the full court three pointer to win the game. It's frustrating moments like this that were so common in old SNES/NES games

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
I hope they still have the feature in the new game where, no matter how bad you were kicking the computer's ass, they'd manage to fight their way back. It's frustrating moments like this that were so common in old SNES/NES games

I think that was a staple in games made by Midway. I remember many an NFL Blitz game where I'd be up 28 & all of a sudden everything I throw is getting picked off.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
I think that was a staple in games made by Midway. I remember many an NFL Blitz game where I'd be up 28 & all of a sudden everything I throw is getting picked off.

Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey was the same way, too. It was the arcade style Midway was going for...

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)

I love the old Blitz games!! The newer Blitz League game blows. The NHL Hitz or whatever was good too, but I prefer Wayne Gretzky 64.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
Go ahead and get it. You won't regret it. You can download old school games from the Wii store. The new Mario Cart and Mario Bros. are good, even Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort are solid.

I understand this much, but whenever I play a Wii, I come away not liking it generally, though Mario Kart was indeed fun.

The problem is, would NBA Jam, Mario Kart, and some old games be worth it?

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
I hope they still have the feature in the new game where, no matter how bad you were kicking the computer's ass, they'd manage to fight their way back. Including the full court three pointer to win the game. It's frustrating moments like this that were so common in old SNES/NES games

i just picked up the nba jam rom for my snes emulator, oh my god, i played it for 2 hours earlier today.

just fantastic.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
I understand this much, but whenever I play a Wii, I come away not liking it generally, though Mario Kart was indeed fun.

This is all a matter of opinion. THere are so many different games I play on my Wii that I absolutely love, but I see what the PS3 and 360 crowd is saying in regards to graphics quality and hardware. The way I look at it, I have a computer, I have a DVD player, I dont need the extra stuff, and with a young child(and another on the way) in the house, the Wii makes more sense for me. Plus, I grew up on Nintendo, so the Nintendo brand games are great for me. I dont play COD, I dont play sports games much anymore, I am more into the puzzle games and party games that I find on Wii Ware(World of Goo/ Bit.trip void/ Tiki Tori) or are released without much fanfare(BoomBlox/ Monster Lab/ Deadly Creatures). There are arguments that the old games arent worth it because of all of the emulators available, but it isnt only NES and SNES, there are N64, Genesis, Turbo Graphx, Neo Geo and Sega games available as well, and I have downloaded plenty.

Its all in what you want in your console

Edited by KyYlE23

Yes.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
This is all a matter of opinion. THere are so many different games I play on my Wii that I absolutely love, but I see what the PS3 and 360 crowd is saying in regards to graphics quality and hardware. The way I look at it, I have a computer, I have a DVD player, I dont need the extra stuff, and with a young child(and another on the way) in the house, the Wii makes more sense for me. Plus, I grew up on Nintendo, so the Nintendo brand games are great for me. I dont play COD, I dont play sports games much anymore, I am more into the puzzle games and party games that I find on Wii Ware(World of Goo/ Bit.trip void/ Tiki Tori) or are released without much fanfare(BoomBlox/ Monster Lab/ Deadly Creatures). There are arguments that the old games arent worth it because of all of the emulators available, but it isnt only NES and SNES, there are N64, Genesis, Turbo Graphx, Neo Geo and Sega games available as well, and I have downloaded plenty.

Its all in what you want in your console

Oh, I was raised on Nintendo too. Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart, Star Fox, and Banjo Kazooie we're games I'd play all the time when I was little. Heck, I bought a GameCube (Star Fox Adventures = joy) and a bunch of games for it too.

However, at the same time, Sony consoles won my heart. And I love my PS3. I've downloaded a bunch of old PS1 games and put them on my PSP for on the road nostalgia.

I do play party games and puzzlers on my PS3, but buying another console and controllers is a bit much for those.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
Yes.

That's fairly definitive answer.

I think I've decided; if they release a new Star Fox game soon, I will get a Wii.

It depends what you like in games. The wii was a pretty bad decision by me, and I have been in love with the PS3 since I got it.

This is unreal Tournament 2004 for the PC, this game is simply amazing. Best OFFLINE shooter I've played. The bots in it are so cool. Here is a last man standing game against 32 bots al free for all on a crazy map with crazy weapons.

1.jpg

Shot00003.jpg

Shot00015.jpg

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
Ok: Anyone play any Red alert 3? The new one.

Or any RTS players out there? Just curious.

The RTS I play is Civilization 4 right now. Picked it up to start playing it and I'm hooked again.