Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
So I rented mlb2k10 b/c i need a baseball game during the season, but the past 3 were just disappointing. Not the case with this new one though, I love the be a pro mode they have and I'm currently playing for the Barons

Yeah, I am also really enjoying MLB 2K10.. the My Player thing is awesome, I havent even touched franchise mode yet and that is usually the first thing I do.. I have two players right now, one a SP and one a C and both are a blast..

My only complaint with it though is that they leave you in to pitch a CG almost EVERY time you play.. Im still pitching in the 8th inning and struggling quite a bit yet they just leave me out there.. I have only been pulled once, and it was when the Yankees were kicking my ass when I first got the call..

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
Yeah, I'm using this as a practice week.

So "The Show" is definitely worth it? I went in to Best Buy last night to pick up season 5 of Entourage (on sale for $15) and was tempted, but did not pick up, The Show. Figured maybe closer to the season starting. From what you guys have played so far, definitely worth the $60?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)
So "The Show" is definitely worth it? I went in to Best Buy last night to pick up season 5 of Entourage (on sale for $15) and was tempted, but did not pick up, The Show. Figured maybe closer to the season starting. From what you guys have played so far, definitely worth the $60?

Without a doubt.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
Where have you looked? I usually call around my 10 local gamestops to look for stuff, since they seem to be on every damn corner

targets, best buys, toys r us, k mart, gamestops.....

QUOTE (SnB @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
The wii fit is still hard to find??

I want to get one for my wife for her birthday and am astonished that they're still not readily available.

anyone know any places i'll have some luck?

So I seriously just read this and thought to myself, "wait he's married?" Heh, beer kills brain cells.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)

Yes yes yes! and thats not the fanboyism talking either.. This game is flat out spectacular, and the attention to detail is amazing all the way down to the little things like a relative unknown guy like Jon Rauch's tattoos being done to perfection. its pretty darn cool.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
Yes yes yes! and thats not the fanboyism talking either.. This game is flat out spectacular, and the attention to detail is amazing all the way down to the little things like a relative unknown guy like Jon Rauch's tattoos being done to perfection. its pretty darn cool.

I would pay as much as 67 dollars and 43 cents for this game. It's that good.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)

;)

Ok, well maybe I will pick it up this week then. Have a week off coming up soon, what better to do with it?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)

When I finally picked it up, I paid for it with 8 eight quarters.

And it felt awesome.

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
Yeah, I am also really enjoying MLB 2K10.. the My Player thing is awesome, I havent even touched franchise mode yet and that is usually the first thing I do.. I have two players right now, one a SP and one a C and both are a blast..

My only complaint with it though is that they leave you in to pitch a CG almost EVERY time you play.. Im still pitching in the 8th inning and struggling quite a bit yet they just leave me out there.. I have only been pulled once, and it was when the Yankees were kicking my ass when I first got the call..

Yeah, they just leave you out to dry unfortunately.

The game is a huge upgrade overall. I'm also getting realistic scores. Like I've played 4-5 full games so far and the most lopsided one was 10-3.

I'd much rather have the Show, but where am I going to get $400 for a PS3 and the game...?

Edited by chw42

I was going to get MLB 2K10 because it has all three levels of the minors, but read that there are roster edit limits. Basically, you can only edit so many players before it cuts you off. That's a deal breaker for me. I'll stick with MLB 2K8 and the two years I've put into a White Sox franchise. The only drawback to that is that Winston-Salem is still the Warthogs instead of the Dash. I don't like eit limits because I like to have accurate player likenesses and names for the minors. 2K8 just suits me best. Although I have a $50 gift card for Best Buy and don't know what to spend it on.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 10:30 AM)
I was going to get MLB 2K10 because it has all three levels of the minors, but read that there are roster edit limits. Basically, you can only edit so many players before it cuts you off. That's a deal breaker for me. I'll stick with MLB 2K8 and the two years I've put into a White Sox franchise. The only drawback to that is that Winston-Salem is still the Warthogs instead of the Dash. I don't like eit limits because I like to have accurate player likenesses and names for the minors. 2K8 just suits me best. Although I have a $50 gift card for Best Buy and don't know what to spend it on.

It only pertains to names. You can edit everything else but names is what it restricts.

There's a guy over on MVPMods who is going to make a roster editor for the PC. Don't know how he will transfer it to the 360 though.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 10:30 AM)

FWIW, the Show has a single A "holding" level for prospects.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
It only pertains to names. You can edit everything else but names is what it restricts.

There's a guy over on MVPMods who is going to make a roster editor for the PC. Don't know how he will transfer it to the 360 though.

How many names? I'm happy with 2K8, the only drawback to that is that W-S is still the Warthogs. I've put too much time into my White Sox franchise to start over anyway. I'm just waiting on the real rosters to be set, I've already created or have most of the players that are in the organization. I've read a lot of other unpleasant stuff about 2K10 anyway.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
God of War III is getting glowing reviews. Unfortunately, I've yet to even begin begin GoW II.

Same here. In fact, I only got the GOW I & II combo pack a couple of weeks ago. I will probably be able to hold out until GOW III goes on sale around Christmas time.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 09:30 AM)
How many names? I'm happy with 2K8, the only drawback to that is that W-S is still the Warthogs. I've put too much time into my White Sox franchise to start over anyway. I'm just waiting on the real rosters to be set, I've already created or have most of the players that are in the organization. I've read a lot of other unpleasant stuff about 2K10 anyway.

I think it's 150 that you can edit. You can also create 50 players, so you can go for about 200 in all.

2K8 sucks compared to 2K10. Kush games stopped knowing how to make a game after 2K7.

Anyone else finding the Just Cause 2 demo as fun as I am? It's like every over the top 80s action movie in one awesome package. You can hop on a gas tank, shoot it, and ride it, jumping off just before it blows up, floating away with your parachute. Vehicles blow up the moment they hit a speed bump if you bailed out. Jump out of a plane, hijack a helicopter on the way down, and then fly the helicopter into a building. Crazy good fun.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
Anyone else finding the Just Cause 2 demo as fun as I am? It's like every over the top 80s action movie in one awesome package. You can hop on a gas tank, shoot it, and ride it, jumping off just before it blows up, floating away with your parachute. Vehicles blow up the moment they hit a speed bump if you bailed out. Jump out of a plane, hijack a helicopter on the way down, and then fly the helicopter into a building. Crazy good fun.

I'll need to DL that off Steam. It's coming out pretty soon. So is Metro 2033. March is a busy month for games.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
I think it's 150 that you can edit. You can also create 50 players, so you can go for about 200 in all.

2K8 sucks compared to 2K10. Kush games stopped knowing how to make a game after 2K7.

For one season, that would suffice, but doing a year to year franchise, that would cut into adding players.