White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 5/31/07 (L)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:29 PM)
I've been watching games for 14 years and have never heard of Hawk actually going to the clubhouse to get an injury update. This was all about the mancrush, nothing else.

Or it looked pretty bad to see Erstad crumpled in heap after an act he has performed millions of times.

(Swinging the bat, not striking out.)

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?autocom=chat

CHAT.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 06:30 PM)
It took Hawk's clubhouse run to make me feel that way, blame him. And no I don't care if anybody finds it pathetic, I find most posts here pathetic too.

Remind me to cheer when you have a potentially career ending injury.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
It took Hawk's clubhouse run to make me feel that way, blame him. And no I don't care if anybody finds it pathetic, I find most posts here pathetic too.

Like I said, cut it out. That goes for anyone who wishes to make light of a potentially serious injury. None of that has any place here and I will make sure it doesn't happen on my watch.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)

I guess if Thome collapsed and Hawk went to check on him you'd be thrilled, too.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
I just hope when its all said and done they don't use the Erstad injury as a reason for a not so great season. Detroit has had some injuries and so has Minnesota. Glad to see Hawk is back on the umpires tonight.

I can't stand how Hawk is so easy to place blame on outside forces before ever looking at our own club. He blames injuries, umps, and bad breaks before he even thinks about blaming anyone on this team.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
I actually like Erstad, I thought he was doing a good job in center and leading off. I never like to see any player get hurt. Hopefully it isn't too bad of an injury!!

Looking at it, you really can't see anything going wrong. But I heard a pop, and he was hurting. I can't see him playing for quite some time. KW will tell you exactly what he thinks of this team when he wrangles up a replacement.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:35 PM)
I can't stand how Hawk is so easy to place blame on outside forces before ever looking at our own club. He blames injuries, umps, and bad breaks before he even thinks about blaming anyone on this team.

I agree never Sox players or management fault EVER!