White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/11/07 (L)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:53 AM)
I know the Cubs are in a bad division, but if you watch some of their games, that team isn't a threat. They'll have flashes because of their offense, but they play bad baseball

How are they not a threat? No one hates the Cubs more than I do, but they're the best hitting team in the NL. Zambrano's also finally getting his act together, and he's usually dominant from this point of the season on. They've had a ton of bad luck this year in terms of one-run games, and if they can get that turned around, they should win that division with ease. I'd love to see the Brewers stay tough, but they might be one year away and one pitcher/hitter away. Can we just loan them Buehrle?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
How are they not a threat? No one hates the Cubs more than I do, but they're the best hitting team in the NL. Zambrano's also finally getting his act together, and he's usually dominant from this point of the season on. They've had a ton of bad luck this year in terms of one-run games, and if they can get that turned around, they should win that division with ease. I'd love to see the Brewers stay tough, but they might be one year away and one pitcher/hitter away. Can we just loan them Buehrle?

I hate the Cubs too, but I am also fair with them. I just don't hate to hate, in '03 I gave them their props and actually thought they had a chance in '04. However, like i said, just watching those games, that team plays dumb baseball, and that catches up to you. I think they'll hang around, but they don't play baseball well

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)
We pinch hit a guy who should be on the DL. What the f*** is this, managing by blindfold.

He told Ozzie he could play, same with Owens.

KW doesn't have any better answers in the minors. Do you PH Andy Gonzalez or Owens there?

Seriously?

it's so difficult to stomach watching this team play anymore

cintron gets buckled and wants to swing so bad at two pitches in the dirt, but when the meatball comes over the middle of the plate he just stares it down

we have the most unintelligent hitters on our team in all of baseball, half of these guys seem really really dumb and make terrible decisions (uribe gets "Luck" hits, it seems, if you watch his swings that he takes when he gets base hits, they're mirror images of the swings he takes when he whiffs, and when he hits a homerun to left. he's simply not good enough to win, and honestly he never was, i'm sure everyone would agree. he needs to go)

i honestly think there's a pretty decent chance that we finish behind kansas city this year, or at least finish with a record near theirs

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
He told Ozzie he could play, same with Owens.

KW doesn't have any better answers in the minors. Do you PH Andy Gonzalez or Owens there?

Seriously?

Marte told Ozzie he was healthy in 05 also. And then he kept taking himself out of games because his paw hurt. Then he went insane. A player doesnt always give you the best answer when it comes to their health. Watching Cintron throw over the weekend was enough for me to see that he isnt healthy.

There is this Thome fella that could of come up.