White Sox vs. Marlins, 6/20/07 (L)

dagotony06

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was 2nd and 3rd, nobody out, and now that Dye struck out, there's 1 out. I'm going to say that we aren't going to score this inning. Any takers?

Who is on 2nd and 3rd and how did they get there? I was fixin' up the ol' hot tub.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
this team has played bad, but the Jenks "velocity" thing is just dumb. Its been dumb for years.

How's that? He's lost about 7MPH off his fastball, and you don't think that's major?

What I don't understand by waiting for this team, they waited all of the second half last year. They waited all of this season. Its only getting worse. Chances are there is nobody on the White Sox current roster that will be on the roster for their next WS appearance. They had their chances and they simply blew them.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Why? Its what the White Sox GM used to measure the greatness of his bullpen coming into the season.

Everyones worried about his "velocity". Maybe he just dosent throw that hard. He still has been a good closer throwing 93-95 mph.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:29 PM)
Well it was 2nd and 3rd, nobody out, and now that Dye struck out, there's 1 out. I'm going to say that we aren't going to score this inning. Any takers?

Who is on 2nd and 3rd and how did they get there? I was fixin' up the ol' hot tub.

I'll say we get one run in, only b/c Fields is up next.

Paulie grounder to CF, then AJ double; dye strike out

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
this team has played bad, but the Jenks "velocity" thing is just dumb. Its been dumb for years.

So you have no concerns about a guy who's lost about 4 mph off of his fastball within 2 years? Let's see how much his ERA rockets during the 2nd half this year.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
Maybe KW's saying he's staying put because he already called all contending teams and no decent team wants any of our bad karma-ed guys except Buehrle.

Nope. Refuse to believe it.

I'm not letting him off the hook for refusing to sell several pieces for good packages.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)
No one knows, since he has mysteriously quit posting.

Can any of the moderators check to see when is the last time he posted?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...xtalk.com+jphat

Looks like March.

You look at the searches and they're all people messing with him for his optimism.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
So you have no concerns about a guy who's lost about 4 mph off of his fastball within 2 years? Let's see how much his ERA rockets during the 2nd half this year.

he was throwing the same last year. Hes been solid this year throwing that hard. I mean, what are you gonna do? Put someone else in there. Its not an issue, we have more crap to worry about.