My response to the now gloating Cub fans

Purdue1906

Once again, the Cubbie fans are out of the woodworks. This is my simple response to a MySpace bulletin gloating about sweeping and winning the season series. Thought I'd share it for Cubs lurkers on SoxTalk. Have a nice evening.

Congratu-f***in' lations. The Cubs won 5 of 6 this year from the Sox. Gloat, all you want, because it's the only thing you have to cheer about for that pathetic joke of an organization. All the money you spent this season and the damn BREWERS are 7 1/2 games ahead of you (coincidently, yet ANOTHER team that's actually won a pennant since the advent of the affordable automobile and the television). But let's get back to the facts. The Cubs:

-STILL haven't WON a World Series since TEDDY ROOSEVELT was president (1908)

-STILL WON A PENNANT and PLAYED in a World Series since the year WORLD WAR II ended (1945)

From a strictly Chicago baseball standpoint, let's remember:

-Responsible for the city's last two World Series appearances, the WHITE SOX (1959, 2005)

-Responsible for the city's last World Series CHAMPIONSHIP, the WHITE SOX (2005)

-Has a fan base where 90% of the people who claim to be "fans" or go to the ballpark AREN'T just doing because: a) it's trendy, B) to relive their college days as a Lambda Alpha Chi Omega Tau Rho Beta Whateverthef***, c) to get drunk, talk on their cell phone for 8 1/2 innings, then look at the field and go "Holy s***, there's a baseball game going on." d) look at the half dress, D&G sunglass wearing, Paris Hilton look-a-likes at the park for reasons A and B.

So, in closing, congrats Cubs fans. I'm happy that the underachieving '07 White Sox could shine a ray on sunlight on your otherwise miserable team's very existence. See you at baseball playoff time, where you'll be in front of the TV, just like us White Sox fans....watching the Bears.

Cubs fans are happy to win the battle; Sox fans want to the WIN THE WAR.

QUOTE(Purdue1906 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
Once again, the Cubbie fans are out of the woodworks. This is my simple response to a MySpace bulletin gloating about sweeping and winning the season series. Thought I'd share it for Cubs lurkers on SoxTalk. Have a nice evening.

Congratu-f***in' lations. The Cubs won 5 of 6 this year from the Sox. Gloat, all you want, because it's the only thing you have to cheer about for that pathetic joke of an organization. All the money you spent this season and the damn BREWERS are 7 1/2 games ahead of you (coincidently, yet ANOTHER team that's actually won a pennant since the advent of the affordable automobile and the television). But let's get back to the facts. The Cubs:

-STILL haven't WON a World Series since TEDDY ROOSEVELT was president (1908)

-STILL WON A PENNANT and PLAYED in a World Series since the year WORLD WAR II ended (1945)

From a strictly Chicago baseball standpoint, let's remember:

-Responsible for the city's last two World Series appearances, the WHITE SOX (1959, 2005)

-Responsible for the city's last World Series CHAMPIONSHIP, the WHITE SOX (2005)

-Has a fan base where 90% of the people who claim to be "fans" or go to the ballpark AREN'T just doing because: a) it's trendy, B) to relive their college days as a Lambda Alpha Chi Omega Tau Rho Beta Whateverthef***, c) to get drunk, talk on their cell phone for 8 1/2 innings, then look at the field and go "Holy s***, there's a baseball game going on." d) look at the half dress, D&G sunglass wearing, Paris Hilton look-a-likes at the park for reasons A and B.

So, in closing, congrats Cubs fans. I'm happy that the underachieving '07 White Sox could shine a ray on sunlight on your otherwise miserable team's very existence. See you at baseball playoff time, where you'll be in front of the TV, just like us White Sox fans....watching the Bears.

Cubs fans are happy to win the battle; Sox fans want to the WIN THE WAR.

Here here! There's no talking sense into those a**clowns though. Let them enjoy this, we have more important things to worry about.

I don't really care...neither team is going to win a series this year and I don't see how Cub fans can really brag (not that I give two s***s what Cub fans or any other fans thing of the team...unless of course they think we are defending world series champs cause I would like to be able to say that at least a few more times in my lifetime).

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 10:51 PM)
Did you see how they won today? They were up 8-4 in the 9th, and the Rockies took a 9-8 lead, until the 0-5 Alfonso Soriano took the bat up to the plate, and singled in 2, and made himself 1-6. :angry:

Yeah, and one of their fans ran out on the field barefoot and went after Howry.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 01:05 AM)
Yeah, and one of their fans ran out on the field barefoot and went after Howry.

Too bad this wasn't at the Cell so ESPN and all the channels could show it over and over again.