And That's A White Sox Loser

Flash Tizzle

Let us never forget the July 6th massacre of 2007. Many were lost in the 32 run attack put on by the Twins.

30 seconds have passed since the game ended and still no trade. Get on it, Williams. Do your job.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
Let us never forget the July 6th massacre of 2007. Many were lost in the 32 run attack put on by the Twins.

30 seconds have passed since the game ended and still no trade. Get on it, Williams. Do your job.

We need a ribbon to put in our sigs and avatars.

7-6-07

Let us never forget...

We lost a lot of good men out there.

Well Ozzie was convinced enough that he had a run with this team left this season, that was before the violent destruction this day.

Never forget.

Being there all day today was quite the spectacle. It's amazing how poor this is fundamentally, with horrible base running, pathetic defense, and just idotic things like Gavin Floyd pitching from the stretch with no one on base and Jerry Owens not stealing 2nd base when he's not being held on. And as for Ozzie...all I know is that 36 runs later, I can't believe we didn't throw a purpose pitch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 10:57 PM)
Being there all day today was quite the spectacle. It's amazing how poor this is fundamentally, with horrible base running, pathetic defense, and just idotic things like Gavin Floyd pitching from the stretch with no one on base and Jerry Owens not stealing 2nd base when he's not being held on. And as for Ozzie...all I know is that 36 runs later, I can't believe we didn't throw a purpose pitch.

Gavin has a live arm. Why when we have pitchers who throw 93 and up, do we not throw inside. When you go away away away they are going to do what they did today. Extend and jack the ball. You dont have to plunk everyone, but for the love of god, run a 2 seamer on the inside corner and back them up a bit.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 04:00 AM)
Gavin has a live arm. Why when we have pitchers who throw 93 and up, do we not throw inside. When you go away away away they are going to do what they did today. Extend and jack the ball. You dont have to plunk everyone, but for the love of god, run a 2 seamer on the inside corner and back them up a bit.

I wouldn't consider 91 mph fastballs a "live arm". Of course, Garza comes back from their minors and is throwing harder than he did last year.

Gavin Floyd made a nice attempt at getting everyone sitting in the bleachers a souvenir of his first White Sox start. Its getting to the point where I'm not angry, I'm not breaking things like WHarris. I was sitting in the stands laughing. At least we know there's about a 99% chance Floyd improves his next outing, if he gets one.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 04:27 AM)
Gavin Floyd made a nice attempt at getting everyone sitting in the bleachers a souvenir of his first White Sox start. Its getting to the point where I'm not angry, I'm not breaking things like WHarris. I was sitting in the stands laughing. At least we know there's about a 99% chance Floyd improves his next outing, if he gets one.

Did you like his mound presence, especially when he went into the stretch after allowing Morneau's first homer?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 10:57 PM)

The entire White Sox organization appears to bow down to the Twins. Pretty amazing considering the White Sox payroll is $37 million higher.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 11:27 PM)

lmao, not even I am breaking things over this sad team.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
lmao, not even I am breaking things over this sad team.

I'd hope not, if you we're, I'm sure we'd take up a fee and get you taken a nice place with padded walls and a nice mattress somewhere. :gosox1:

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 11:28 PM)
Did you like his mound presence, especially when he went into the stretch after allowing Morneau's first homer?

He sucks. Maybe if some things go his way he can be a journeyman pitcher and bounce around from team to team as a #5 starter. If he lasts a while there's a lot of money in that. People getting excited about his mowing down hitters in this his 4th season pitching in AAA were setting themselves up for dissappointment. The knock on him is he has no balls.(Maybe they hit those over the wall as well) It doesn't appear he had them put in in Charlotte.

The competition level in the International League is brutal. There's a reason Timo is one of the top hitters in it. And I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere else, but Masset has allowed 51 base runners in his last 17 innings in relief. Besides for two games with the Sox, he might be the worst pitcher I've ever seen stay on the team for 81 games.