Thome's Quest for 500

SouthSidePride05

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
No offense, but I hope he gets it today. After the way that the Indians fans treated him, I would love to see Big Jim stick it to them.

:headbang :headbang I suspect the majority in attendance would have cheerred.

Thome needs to hit it tonight. I'll actually be able to see today's game but I'll be busy all day tomorrow so that's a no go. As Thome's biggest (probably a tie) supporter and fan in Chicago it's very important that I see it live.

and with whom might you be tied with? ;)

My sister just called me. She's at the game, first row above the Bullpen Bar, and she got me two green caps.

She's a Cubs fan, but she wore her Bears jacket instead of her Cubs jacket so she "wouldn't disrespect the Sox in their building".

She told me if she catches #500, she'll give it to Thome if he gives her a jersey autographed to me.

I love my sister.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
My sister just called me. She's at the game, first row above the Bullpen Bar, and she got me two green caps.

She's a Cubs fan, but she wore her Bears jacket instead of her Cubs jacket so she "wouldn't disrespect the Sox in their building".

She told me if she catches #500, she'll give it to Thome if he gives her a jersey autographed to me.

I love my sister.

That is one awesome sister.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
LOL

Seriously though, I was there, and yes. Everyone was standing, and cheering, each at bat. Thome appeared to definitely be swinging for the fences. but he couldn't get it done. Oh well. Fun game anyway.

Nothing like a little extra pressure :lol: