Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
Well, IMO, it's just a lot of work to get back to where you started from.

True, but once you got to the top of the hill, it would have been faster to ski down than to walk back down.

Unless you fell............which you would have.

:D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
At your age?? Did you meet this "doctor" in a bar?

Yup. Was having problems with urination for about a week. Nothing showed up in a sample, so I got the old "turn, cough, has anyone checked your prostate? bend over".

At least he was gentle.

He thinks its a case of prostatitis.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)
Yup. Was having problems with urination for about a week. Nothing showed up in a sample, so I got the old "turn, cough, has anyone checked your prostate? bend over".

At least he was gentle.

He thinks its a case of prostatitis.

Last time I had one I was remembering a Bill Engle routine which ends with "I have a Dentist"

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 05:52 AM)
You have slipped on the ice and landed on your ass before though, right? That's all my one encounter with "ice skating" was.

I went surfing for the 1st time ever last weekend. Was using an 8' board, and I proceeded to fall off so many times when I stood up, and fell onto the sand in the water many times. Was quite funny at the time, now I have a few good bruises on my body which ain't so good.

I will definitely be trying again though. I was able to stand up for about 10-15 secs without falling which I figure is pretty good for a 1st go.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 09:14 PM)
I've got a long ass ride home tomorrow for Thanksgiving (~15-16 hours). I need a good audiobook suggestion, preferably fiction. Hook it up, friend.

Don't know which are available on audiobook, but lately, I've been on the best run of books I can remember in a long long time. 4 in a row, various genres, all really great and I highly recommend them. Not sure what genres you like - some of these may not apply. Here they are, in the order I read them...

--Final Harry Potter Book by JK Rowling

--Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides

--No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy

--The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Enjoy.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
I went surfing for the 1st time ever last weekend. Was using an 8' board, and I proceeded to fall off so many times when I stood up, and fell onto the sand in the water many times. Was quite funny at the time, now I have a few good bruises on my body which ain't so good.

I will definitely be trying again though. I was able to stand up for about 10-15 secs without falling which I figure is pretty good for a 1st go.

Are you "popping" up in one motion or getting on one knee and kind of struggling up? The pop up seems to work better for most people. Once you get the hang of it :headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 07:11 AM)
This Saturday morning my family and I leave for Disney World. I'm soooooo excited it's not even funny. NOBODY in my house is even really thinking about Christmas. It's pretty crazy.

DisneyWorld and Epcot are awesome. I could spend all day on the Coral reef ride in Epcot, then turn around and hang out at the Haunted Mansion the next day in Disneyworld.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 08:53 AM)
DisneyWorld and Epcot are awesome. I could spend all day on the Coral reef ride in Epcot, then turn around and hang out at the Haunted Mansion the next day in Disneyworld.

I was there when I was 13, but I was in full "I'm too cool for this s***" mode at that point in my life, so I didn't let myself enjoy it. Now though, the very first step is to go get my embroidered mouse ears and not take them off for the rest of my 8 days. F**k YEAH!!!

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
Don't know which are available on audiobook, but lately, I've been on the best run of books I can remember in a long long time. 4 in a row, various genres, all really great and I highly recommend them. Not sure what genres you like - some of these may not apply. Here they are, in the order I read them...

--Final Harry Potter Book by JK Rowling

--Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides

--No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy

--The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Enjoy.

Thanks yo. HP and the Deathly Hallows was great. I'll probably go with the last two.

Figures that today, day of the drive, is the day we get our first snowfall up here. Tremendous.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 10:41 AM)
Thanks yo. HP and the Deathly Hallows was great. I'll probably go with the last two.

Figures that today, day of the drive, is the day we get our first snowfall up here. Tremendous.

Yeah, I am sitting here in Burlington, MA, just down the road from NH, watching the snow fall. And I have to fly back to O'Hare tonight. Stupendous.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 10:14 PM)
I've got a long ass ride home tomorrow for Thanksgiving (~15-16 hours). I need a good audiobook suggestion, preferably fiction. Hook it up, friend.

"Riding ass is hazardous to your health" - by Mya Buthertz

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
They are talking about rain switching to snow tomorrow... Damn, I am glad I don't have to fly anywhere this Thanksgiving!

:ph34r: Texas would love to have you back ;)

Fudge, fudge, fudge, fudge!!!!!! After 3 months of waiting I finally have a meeting with my pre-lims committee today (which I just learned of) and of course (OF COURSE) I am wearing the most inappropriate low cut top (because I figured no one would come in today so I didn't do laundry). CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

Should I wear the clashing cardigan? Hold papers in front of my chest? Of course I also didn't wear a coat because it is unseasonably warm. AGH!

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 08:13 AM)
Fudge, fudge, fudge, fudge!!!!!! After 3 months of waiting I finally have a meeting with my pre-lims committee today (which I just learned of) and of course (OF COURSE) I am wearing the most inappropriate low cut top (because I figured no one would come in today so I didn't do laundry). CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

Should I wear the clashing cardigan? Hold papers in front of my chest? Of course I also didn't wear a coat because it is unseasonably warm. AGH!

How can we give advice without a picture? ;)

Is there time to run to the store? Sounds like a nice reason for a new top.