Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 22, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
I have two roommates. One male, one female.

Lots of people think my female roommate is hot.

The other girl is my other roommates girlfriend - she's the one texting me.

And I'm not going to post her pic. :)

tell her you're gay and try to see her naked as much as possible.

I read where most of their "arrests" do not get convicted. I always wondered since they were showing up to meet someone who was actually of legal age, what they would be convicted of? The opposite would not work in court, hey I thought she was 18, so why would the I thought she was 16 work for the prosecutor?

But these guys are scum and deserve the severe public burn they get.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)
You're right, Tex. Last night, their decoy was 19 in reality. Seems like the show is in a gray area, but funny to see guys cry and backtrack.

Funny you should mention this today, because I was watching the TCaP marathon on MSNBC last night and was having some of the same observations(and laughs).

Its always the same excuse when he ambushes them in the kitchen "I came over here to tell her NOT to have sex with adults"

Then Chris Hanson pulls out the manuscript of the online chat, the perp gets flustered and either A. continues lying and says that it wasnt him or he didnt mean those things, or B. admits to what he was trying to do in some sort of a wierd attempt to come clean and go home.

It is strange to me how many of the people STILL dont know who he is and what he is doing. By now, you would think these sickos would be doing everything in their power not to get caught, and they always walk right into the trap. Its even funnier when the chat log shows that they are hesitant to show up because it might be a TCaP trap, and they come anyways.

And they come from all walks of life as well. Sure, there are some complete morons who get caught on the show(one guy got busted on 3 seperate shows if I remember correctly), but there have been teachers, doctors, lawyers, military personnel, policemen, etc. The worst out of all of them is the guy who showed up to meet a 13 year old boy with his kid(who was around 3-5 years old), that was just awful.

The one thing that really gets me is that there has never been one woman caught. Not in the chat rooms, not pretending to be a man and showing up as a woman, nothing. It has always been men.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
iPod question here:

It appears my iPod battery has gone to the s***ter. I can barely listen to the thing for 45 minutes without the power completely failing on me. Anyways, I'd rather save myself the hastle of having to buy a whole new iPod and get all the songs onto that iPod, but when I went to Best Buy, I only got a vague answer as to how I could get a new battery in there -- something along the lines of, "we don't do it and neither does Apple but there are some people out there who do do it."

Anyone have any experiences with this before? Any recommendations as to where I could get a new battery, or if I should just say "f*** it" and go and get a new 8-GB (which I believe holds 2000 songs, perfect for me).

So, I have a 4 gb nano, and the screen was destroyed in Mexico about a year ago. Couple months back I found a couple of Caltech students who were running a small business repairing those things, and they basically took a screen from some older, damaged nano and replaced mine. You do have to be specific on the model, but there are certainly people out there who do those things.

I would suggest simply googling "Ipod battery replacement" or calling around to a couple of the more local electronics shops in your area. it's possible to do it yourself (There are kits out there) or you could find someone else to do it for a smaller fee. I spent $40 replacing my screen, and that was a lot less than what a new one would have cost me.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
Are you "popping" up in one motion or getting on one knee and kind of struggling up? The pop up seems to work better for most people. Once you get the hang of it :headbang :headbang :headbang

Shows how spaced out I've been on here when I haven't checked this thread for a week or so.

I was taught to get on one knee and then struggle up. I might try to pop up motion instead.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 05:34 PM)
I read where most of their "arrests" do not get convicted. I always wondered since they were showing up to meet someone who was actually of legal age, what they would be convicted of? The opposite would not work in court, hey I thought she was 18, so why would the I thought she was 16 work for the prosecutor?

The whole thing looks like entrapment to me.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 06:43 PM)
Shows how spaced out I've been on here when I haven't checked this thread for a week or so.

I was taught to get on one knee and then struggle up. I might try to pop up motion instead.

We teach "popping" up. It takes a couple tries to find the sweet spot, but if you are athletic, it seems easier. We practice on the beach until people get the hang of it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
I love it when they tell the TV they had no intentions of having sex with her, yet the find condoms on them.

I made a thread just about this show on talkbears a while back. I was addicted to it. Its the funniest s*** ever. i could sit here and discuss the funny stuff you see on that show all day but Ill just get to my idea...

Imagine if they spoofed this show, Chris Hansen would have to be involved, where some guy like thinks hes buying something on craigslist and shows up to a house and Chris Hanson walks out. Then, they can like plant stuff in his car like condoms and alcohol, and the best part could be, they would need a friends help, they hold up a picture of the guy and go is this you...he says yes, then they show him a picture of a man with the smallest genitalia in the world and ask him why hes sending these pictures to a 12 year old girl on the internet. Then tell them theyre calling his wife and stuff.

Man, that would be the best show ever

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 25, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
We teach "popping" up. It takes a couple tries to find the sweet spot, but if you are athletic, it seems easier. We practice on the beach until people get the hang of it.

so are we talking about surfing or sex?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)

Since the show started airing they have changed the laws pretty crazy. I watch it all the time and from what they say, it is a felony to simply discuss having sex with a girl online if she tells you she is a minor. If the guys dont show up sometimes they go and arrest them at their houses. From what they say on the show too the pretty much convict all of them it makes it sound like because of the evidence they have with the transcript.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 25, 2007 -> 01:04 PM)
I made a thread just about this show on talkbears a while back. I was addicted to it. Its the funniest s*** ever. i could sit here and discuss the funny stuff you see on that show all day but Ill just get to my idea...

Imagine if they spoofed this show, Chris Hansen would have to be involved, where some guy like thinks hes buying something on craigslist and shows up to a house and Chris Hanson walks out. Then, they can like plant stuff in his car like condoms and alcohol, and the best part could be, they would need a friends help, they hold up a picture of the guy and go is this you...he says yes, then they show him a picture of a man with the smallest genitalia in the world and ask him why hes sending these pictures to a 12 year old girl on the internet. Then tell them theyre calling his wife and stuff.

Man, that would be the best show ever

'To Punk a Non Predator'?

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 04:01 AM)

Yeah I've been trying at home most weeknights to try and get the technique right. I'll be going surfing with a group from work this weekend, so it'll be good to put it in practise.

I just got the sense of it takes too long using the getting up on the one knee method, and you waste more energy doing that as well, because there's more steps you have to do.

There are a few good videos on a Video Sports Web-Site which show you all of the steps and everything, so that was really helpful.

I'm also trying to buy a Mini Mal board off EBay for under $150 ATM.

Old people, I need your advice.

So I had an interview w/ hertz at the beginning of the month. The guy really liked me and kind of told me that I would get offered the job. He said look out for a phone call, etc. He also said I could work there over christmas break if I wanted to.

The problem is that he thought I was graduating in december, not may. That got straightened out early on though.

I haven't heard from them since this interview. My question is, would it be ok to call him up and ask him what my status is? What the progress of their job search is? etc

Because I feel like I have this job and I just don't want to do anything to screw it up. But on the other hand, I don't want to count on something I don't have.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 06:24 PM)
Old people, I need your advice.

So I had an interview w/ hertz at the beginning of the month. The guy really liked me and kind of told me that I would get offered the job. He said look out for a phone call, etc. He also said I could work there over christmas break if I wanted to.

The problem is that he thought I was graduating in december, not may. That got straightened out early on though.

I haven't heard from them since this interview. My question is, would it be ok to call him up and ask him what my status is? What the progress of their job search is? etc

Because I feel like I have this job and I just don't want to do anything to screw it up. But on the other hand, I don't want to count on something I don't have.

I'm not old... But I would have talked to him about working over Christmas break when I was home for Thanksgiving. You should still do the same... Just keep the contact. You'll probably have to re-interview in Spring, but if you keep in their mind by doing some grunt work between now and then, sounds like the job is yours.