Bobby Jenks...

PWSox87

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby didn't have his best stuff last night. He was leaving those breaking balls way up in the zone.

Oh well, it was a hell of a run and Bobby now has a piece of history. And more importantly, he's been incredibly effective this year, despite maxing out at 96.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
Personally I think Bobby should be given a chance to compete for a spot in the rotation next year.

I don't think the screwed together elbow could handle it. He has the stuff to be a top of the rotation guy but for the longevity of his career he could rewrite the closers record book.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 10:29 AM)
:lolhitting

You're serious, though.

Yup.

it has been said that a regular pitching schedule is actually easier on the arm than a closers role. Also Bobby has proven that he is now a pitcher and not a thrower. He has at least 5 usable pitches. We have to trade someone in our rotation and have a glaring hole possibly. It makes a little bit of sense IMO.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 10:54 AM)
Yup.

it has been said that a regular pitching schedule is actually easier on the arm than a closers role. Also Bobby has proven that he is now a pitcher and not a thrower. He has at least 5 usable pitches. We have to trade someone in our rotation and have a glaring hole possibly. It makes a little bit of sense IMO.

1. Who closes?

2. It has also been said that pitching a full season is worse for your arm than closing and there's a big debate to be had over what is worse for your arm.

I doubt Jenks to the rotation is even an option.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
I don't think the screwed together elbow could handle it. He has the stuff to be a top of the rotation guy but for the longevity of his career he could rewrite the closers record book.

"rewriting the closer's record books"???....let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Jenks has had a fairly good career thus far, but it's not as if he's been unhittable. He had a nice streak, but he would have to put together another three 40+ save seasons just to get in the top 20 all time. That's no easy task in that role.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
"rewriting the closer's record books"???....let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Jenks has had a fairly good career thus far, but it's not as if he's been unhittable. He had a nice streak, but he would have to put together another three 40+ save seasons just to get in the top 20 all time. That's no easy task in that role.

He could. I didn't say he will, but he could. If healthy he could, then again so COULD Boone Logan. As a rookie he answered the question of if he could handle the post season. This year he has shown he can pitch in the 94-96 range with success. I apologize for not writing him off because he can not (or maybe does not) throw 100. Next blown save I promise to write him off as s*** and send him to pasture with Billy Koch. I keep forgetting optimism is no longer allowed in regard to the future of this franchise.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 11:13 AM)
He could. I didn't say he will, but he could. If healthy he could, then again so COULD Boone Logan. As a rookie he answered the question of if he could handle the post season. This year he has shown he can pitch in the 94-96 range with success. I apologize for not writing him off because he can not (or maybe does not) throw 100. Next blown save I promise to write him off as s*** and send him to pasture with Billy Koch. I keep forgetting optimism is no longer allowed in regard to the future of this franchise.

I was being realistic, and you are overreacting. Jenks has been a good closer. He also is among the AL leaders in blown saves.