Joe Torre?

Rex Kickass

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torre makes moves that are as bad as Guillen's sometimes. Obviously he has a better track record but I don't think that's very to Guillen who has (save one season) never had the caliber of players Torre's had.

And why make the change? It's not like the players have tuned Guillen out (or, I don't think that's the case). It's not like a whole lot of guys are underperforming, pointing to a "maybe they're unmotivated?" issue.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 11:19 AM)
George Steinbrenner said this week that if Torre doesn't get his team to win the ALDS, he's as good as fired.

Just curious, if he ends up on the market, would you like the idea of a Torre led White Sox?

i've not seen this quoted anywhere, link?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 12:22 PM)

man, the guy has absolutely no class whatsoever. but i wouldn't expect anything more tbh. i can't believe he put that out there to the media, that isn't something that needs to be said to reporters before the season is over, anyone disagree?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 11:21 AM)
Joe Torre deserves better than this franchise and he'd never consider it.

I agree. Torre has always struck me as classy. The current management of the Sox organization has not. Plus, I don't see why Toree would subject himself to managing a second-division team.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
My gosh man, you sound like you're bummed the Cubs lost or something. Do you hate the organization, but like the team at least?

Ooh, you got me. I'm bummed that the Cubs lost.

But yes, I like the logo and the laundry. I don't like the history, the owner, the management. I don't think Joe Torre would come here (this is not a prestigious organization), I know we wouldn't give him the money (this is not a particularly generous organization, with its money), and we've already got a manager (who was recently extended).

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)
Ooh, you got me. I'm bummed that the Cubs lost.

But yes, I like the logo and the laundry. I don't like the history, the owner, the management. I don't think Joe Torre would come here (this is not a prestigious organization), I know we wouldn't give him the money (this is not a particularly generous organization, with its money), and we've already got a manager (who was recently extended).

Haha - jk about the Cubs. We differ in opinions, but it's cool, that's what makes the site fun. I for one don't feel we need Torre, nor do I really want him at this juncture.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 8, 2007 -> 01:51 PM)
I don't see the fascination with Torre. He has the highest paid team in baseball every year. You could plug any decent guy in his place and get similar results.

Well, except for Ozzie because he is the worst manager ever, according to 80% of Soxtalk.