2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

Anyone listen to Mike North interview John Paxson this morning? It was uncomfortable to listen to, Paxson was squirming and North was assuming. It could have easily ended in a shouting match, but Pax kept his cool

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
Anyone listen to Mike North interview John Paxson this morning? It was uncomfortable to listen to, Paxson was squirming and North was assuming. It could have easily ended in a shouting match, but Pax kept his cool

What did they go over?

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
What did they go over?

North said Pax talked with Arn Tellem and Ben Wallace about firing Skiles, Paxson denied it

North said Reinsdorf talked with Tellem and Wallace about Skiles, Paxson said he was not informed of this meeting

North came out and said Ben Wallace was a troublemaker and a bad signing, Pax pretty much took it.

Pax continued to talk abotu the team dynamic in reference to Noah being disciplined by the team, North continued to compare business situations to the team disciplining Noah (If Terry boers was suspended, then we all got together and made sure he was suspended for an additional day....)

It was pretty tense throughout the interview. Plenty of Giardiniera to go around

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
You have to believe they will fire Paxson too?? Start over.

IMO, Pax still has a bit of a grace period, simply because my eyes tell me that Pax did a good job in totally overhauling a team that was just garbage under Krause. But I expect to see significant improvement next year. But then again I think that a key element in building championship teams is consistency with time and allowing people to react within a system to fix problems that arise.

If this team is not a high level playoff team next year, then it's probably time for a new GM.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 12:14 PM)
Like most of North's interviews.

:stick

I agree. North likes to blindside people he interviews then act like he doesnt know why they are upset. He also talks like he lives in a bubble where the people he interviews cannot hear what he says about them on a daily basis

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
Most people are going to be hearing of four players in the NBA "the most and as far as their positions and consistant game changer" for years.

PG-Chris Paul (D-Will a close second)

C-Dwight Howard (jury still out on Oden)

SG/SF-Lebron James (Wade is there, but injuries are a b****)

SF/PF-Kevin Durant (future is damn bright)

Game changers. Well... they stick out the most in my mind.

have you ever seen kevin martin or monta ellis? those two will be very good in a few years and are good now

So the Bulls got hammered again by the Magic. You know things are bad when Brian Cook who's only played twice in 20 games or so comes off the bench and has double figures in scoring.

Wallace was -20 or so when he was on the floor, really becoming a liability for the Bulls.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
So the Bulls got hammered again by the Magic. You know things are bad when Brian Cook who's only played twice in 20 games or so comes off the bench and has double figures in scoring.

Wallace was -20 or so when he was on the floor, really becoming a liability for the Bulls.

-28, I'll thank you not to underestimate our terribleness.

Damn, Paxson really ought to pull the trigger on Wallace for McGrady. He's such a coward I can't figure out why Paxson won't do that deal!

I would have to think John Paxson's job will be in jeopardy at the end of the year if this continues. This team is the definition of a lack of institutional control, and they already fired the coach, which was Reinsdorf's call moreso than Paxson's.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Falling to 14-22 and hardly competitive, several Bulls players on the bench late seemed relatively indifferent to the result. It was perhaps a worse message than the events of the evening, which were discouraging as well.

Apparently it led to a dispute in the locker room as rookie Joakim Noah complained about the attitude on the bench and argued with veteran Ben Wallace. One witness said Luol Deng had to step between them to ease the tension.

Is this just the media overreacting again Pax? What a disaster.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 11:02 PM)
I would have to think John Paxson's job will be in jeopardy at the end of the year if this continues. This team is the definition of a lack of institutional control, and they already fired the coach, which was Reinsdorf's call moreso than Paxson's.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Is this just the media overreacting again Pax? What a disaster.

Sounds like Wallace needs to go. Now.

Let him go elsewhere and play half-ass.

Wallace isn't going anywhere, nobody would take that contract for that pathetic, old, washed up loser who also happens to be a cancer in the locker room. For the first time ever, Jay Marriotti actually had a thought I agree with, referring to Wallace as "Big Bum", because that is all he is.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:17 AM)
Sounds like Wallace needs to go. Now.

Let him go elsewhere and play half-ass.

I agree, even though alot of people/the average fan will blame Noah cuz the kid can't keep his name out of the paper even if he's right in this situation. (Wallace & Joe Smith laughing/joking around during a blowout) Ben Gordon's quote isn't exactly trilling either. Hopefully Pax is taking notice. Oh, and dammit Boylan play the kids more.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
-28, I'll thank you not to underestimate our terribleness.

Damn, Paxson really ought to pull the trigger on Wallace for McGrady. He's such a coward I can't figure out why Paxson won't do that deal!

Houston would be crazy to do that even if T-Mac's become such a fragile, injury prone player.

And the Rockets have Hayes / Scola at PF. and I couldn't see how Big Bum could fit into Adelman's offense either.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:28 AM)
Wallace isn't going anywhere, nobody would take that contract for that pathetic, old, washed up loser who also happens to be a cancer in the locker room. For the first time ever, Jay Marriotti actually had a thought I agree with, referring to Wallace as "Big Bum", because that is all he is.

Trading contracts always helps teams out. Wallace is valuable in the Bulls quest for a legitimate player because they can try and match salaries with who they are trading for, I think he can be moved for sure.

I dont really want McGrady because he is so fragile, but I am pretty sure Wallace would be going if they get McGrady

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 08:06 AM)
Trading contracts always helps teams out. Wallace is valuable in the Bulls quest for a legitimate player because they can try and match salaries with who they are trading for, I think he can be moved for sure.

I dont really want McGrady because he is so fragile, but I am pretty sure Wallace would be going if they get McGrady

They aren't getting T-Mac.

The most interested suitor would have to be Phoenix bc they need interior defense and have been open about that fact. I could see Boris Diaw and possibly Raja Bell being acquired for Wallace. I just hope someone has just enough interest so I never have to see that moron play again. I'll take a healthy dose of Joakim Noah and Aaron Gray in this wasted season.

I say screw it, you aren't getting a superstar without doing so in the draft. Play the kids, and if they're just bad enough you wind up with a good shot at Michael Beasley OR one of the other young studs in the coming draft.

Edited by Steve9347

I can say one thing about this Bulls mess,Iam now on Noah's side when initially I wasnt.Noah doesnt take well to losing and apparently the rest of the team is perfectly content with it.They are so content with it they seem to have a problem with Noah because he isnt.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 08:28 AM)
They aren't getting T-Mac.

The most interested suitor would have to be Phoenix bc they need interior defense and have been open about that fact. I could see Boris Diaw and possibly Raja Bell being acquired for Wallace. I just hope someone has just enough interest so I never have to see that moron play again. I'll take a healthy dose of Joakim Noah and Aaron Gray in this wasted season.

I say screw it, you aren't getting a superstar without doing so in the draft. Play the kids, and if they're just bad enough you wind up with a good shot at Michael Beasley OR one of the other young studs in the coming draft.

This is a good thing, I dont really want him.

Rajah Bell and Boris Diaw would be nice though.

Apparently not only were Wallace and Smith laughing, but Hinrich was as well. Its such a crazy year, I had no idea this team would fall apart THIS much.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 09:28 AM)

Can't happen.

I have it from a solid basketball source:

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 31, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
Dude, the Bulls' draft pick is going to be no where NEAR the lottery let alone high enough to get (Eric)Gordon. Their pick more than likely will wind up in the 18-22 range.

(T)hey won't miss the playoffs, and depending on matchups could easily get bumped in the 2nd round again...