2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...radeTalk-080221

I like this one even better to be honest seeing as this season is good as done ... Wallace-Duhon-Smith for Gooden-Hughes ..its a hate or like trade .. I think i would lean toward like cause I just always feel Wallace doesnt like it here and is "here" just for the money .. idk its a weird feeling i get off him like hes almost too good for the bulls

anyways if they traded Wallace and Smith that would definitely take age from us ... could we bring back P.J Brown haha

anyways 10 minutes left in the deadline

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)
We want some Bulls talk?

How about Ben Wallace and Chris Duhon to the Cavs for Larry Hughes

that would be quite a trade

per Ric Bucher

chad ford's chatting about a few variations of this deal right now on espn. drew gooden is involved, too. supposedly the bulls don't want hughes back.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 01:51 PM)
chad ford's chatting about a few variations of this deal right now on espn. drew gooden is involved, too. supposedly the bulls don't want hughes back.

They should just f***ing take him. Pax. You dumb s***. You have a chance to be rid the cancer that is Ben Wallace. Do it.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 01:54 PM)
They should just f***ing take him. Pax. You dumb s***. You have a chance to be rid the cancer that is Ben Wallace. Do it.

bucher just threw up another 2 min before 2 oclock saying that Cavs first plan is to get Wally from Seattle and that the backup deal was Hughes to the Bulls for Gordon and Duhon which is interesting

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)
bucher just threw up another 2 min before 2 oclock saying that Cavs first plan is to get Wally from Seattle and that the backup deal was Hughes to the Bulls for Gordon and Duhon which is interesting

Check this out.... from ESPN regarding the other possible Cleveland trade

Two of my most plugged-in sources say that the big trade Cleveland is pursuing, as our good friend Brian Windhorst warned us about in his Akron Beacon Journal blog, is a multi-player exchange that would bring Ben Wallace to the Cavs.

We have not been apprised that any deal is close or received a reliable read on the Bulls' level of interest, but we have been assured that it is being discussed: Wallace and teammates Chris Duhon and Joe Smith heading to Cleveland in exchange for a package headlined by Drew Gooden ... and Larry Hughes.

It could also be done with several other Cavs in Hughes' place, so we'll have to see if the Bulls simply pass, push for an alternative scenario or accept Hughes and allow Cleveland to proceed to Part 2.

Cleveland's other 11th-hour Cleveland trade target to hearten LeBron James, after Jason Kidd and Mike Bibby landed elsewhere, is Seattle's Wally Szczerbiak, who holds appeal for LeBron's Cavs as a dead-eye shooter and as a college-ball legend in Ohio.

It appears that the Cavs' preference is scoring Wallace first and then trying to add Szczerbiak. But the Cavs' usual obstacle -- they have only three expiring contracts (Ira Newble, Devin Brown and Shannon Brown) totaling not even half of the $13.3 million owed Wally next season to package with Donyell Marshall -- make a successful play for Wally difficult even if the Wallace stuff doesn't go any farther.

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)

What a load of garbage. If we want a selfish shoot first guard that doesn't really play much D, we could just keep Gordon. If a deal doesn't dump Wallace, I don't want to see it happen.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 02:05 PM)
What a load of garbage. If we want a selfish shoot first guard that doesn't really play much D, we could just keep Gordon. If a deal doesn't dump Wallace, I don't want to see it happen.

He's got to be wrong. It's not Gordon, its Wallace. There'd be no reason to do Gordon/Duhon for Hughes.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...west_and_wally/

Cavs Get Wallace, Smith, West And Wally

February 21, 2008 - 3:35 pm

ESPN News -

The Cavaliers have acquired Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Delonte West and Wally Szczerbiak in a three-team trade.

The Bulls receive Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden, while Seattle gets Chris Duhon, Ira Newble and Cedric Simmons.

The deal is currently under league review. [READ]