2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:38 AM)
It's Lottery day!

/prays for stars to align for a top 2 bulls selection.

I heard the percentage probability for the 1 through 3 picks this morning on the radio, the stars REALLY have to align for any one of those picks

1st pick 1.7%

2nd pick 2.0%

3rd pick 2.4%

I still wish I could see the lottery balls being picked. I hate Stern walking out with that smug look on his face pulling out envelopes. It seems totally rigged

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2008 -> 09:05 AM)
What he said.

I'm so sick of watching Ginobli and Duncan flopping and looking at the refs for a call.

What he said.

Celtics/Lakers is the most intriguing match up in the finals for me.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 20, 2008 -> 08:51 AM)
I still wish I could see the lottery balls being picked. I hate Stern walking out with that smug look on his face pulling out envelopes. It seems totally rigged

This type of thing I agree with, and it's why Stern is stupid. He knows the perception of the league's horrid refs and the lottery, but does nothing about it. He should change both, but never does, causing the league to continue to have as close to a WWE feel to it as any pro sports enterprise. It either IS fixed (not likely) or Stern is just a fool.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 20, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
Wasn't Cleveland kind of a long shot in the lottery to get the #1 pick when they got Lebron?

No, If I remember right, I think they had the 2nd best odds that year. In fact, I remember them tanking big time at the end of the year.

Something tells me that this Tim Donaghy situation is about to blow up to insane levels

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3404607

Disgraced basketball referee Tim Donaghy told investigators in the NBA betting probe that relationships among officials, coaches and players "affected the outcome of games," his attorney said. The league said the charges were unfounded.

Donaghy's attorney made the assertions in a letter filed in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn on Monday, in which he argued that his client should be sentenced to probation because he fully cooperated with prosecutors and has been undergoing treatment for his gambling addiction.

The attorney also suggested that Donaghy told investigators about the gambling activities of other NBA officials and about a referee that passed "confidential" information to an unidentified coach.

The attorney, John F. Lauro, wrote that the U.S. attorney's office for the Eastern District agreed to plea agreements with other defendants in the case, even though his client told investigators about NBA matters outside of the government's initial investigation. Lauro said the disparity in treatment could not be fully explained because prosecutors have "surrounded this case with a cone of silence."

In a footnote, the attorney suggested that the NBA might have "pressured" the attorney's office "into shutting down this prosecution to avoid the disclosure of information unrelated to Tim's conduct."

There is ZERO chance that Donaghy was the only guy betting on games, especially ones he officiated. "One rogue referee", as the smug Mr. Stern put it, is not the way something like this works. The NBA has done well hiding it so far, but one day the truth will come out and the NBA will look awful, and that day might be sooner than later with the way that article looks.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 20, 2008 -> 11:21 AM)
hmm

Jay Z is representing the Nets at the lottery today

They'll be the Brooklyn Knights soon. And their star player will be Lebron James.

There is zero doubt Lebron is going to leave Cleveland for a bigger market when his contract is up. In fact, some people think he has a bonus he gets in his Nike contract if he does that. The question is which will he go to. It won't be LA since the Clippers blow and the Lakers have Kobe's deal. It could be the Bulls, but Paxson isn't a smart fella so I'm not sure about that either. Thus, most people speculate Nets or Knicks, and with the way things are now, the Nets are the clear favorite.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 20, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
There is zero doubt Lebron is going to leave Cleveland for a bigger market when his contract is up. In fact, some people think he has a bonus he gets in his Nike contract if he does that. The question is which will he go to. It won't be LA since the Clippers blow and the Lakers have Kobe's deal. It could be the Bulls, but Paxson isn't a smart fella so I'm not sure about that either. Thus, most people speculate Nets or Knicks, and with the way things are now, the Nets are the clear favorite.

You guys may be right the more I think about it.

check out this quote

"

In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I'll be the richest man in the world. That's one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire. I want to get to a position where generation on generation don't have to worry about nothing. I don't want family members from my kids to my son's kids to never have to worry. And I can't do that now just playing basketball." (Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Dec. 10, 2005)

and meetings with Warren Buffet http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/26/81724.shtml

Better shot at his "goals" in the biggest market I guess.