2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
I don't care who we draft now! Beasley or Rose it's a win win!

^^

To be honest, I only want Beasley bc I see it as more of instant gratification. Rose will take longer to be an impact player...

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 20, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
I honestly think the position that is most tradable is who we draft.

The problem with Kirk is he is WAY over payed and might be hard to find a taker for him.

If you can find a taker for Ben Wallace's contract, you can find someone who will give you something for Kirk.

You might have to be open to packaging him with Gordon, which I am if we're drafting Rose. And you don't necessarily have to make the move before the draft.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 20, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
Now you jerks are going to take Derrick Rose, aren't you? :-P. I'm dying to see Rose in a Heat uniform.

Wade, Marion, Haslem, Beasley, blank. That's pretty darn good on its own.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
If you can find a taker for Ben Wallace's contract, you can find someone who will give you something for Kirk.

You might have to be open to packaging him with Gordon, which I am if we're drafting Rose. And you don't necessarily have to make the move before the draft.

Dang it! THe Knicks just HAD to get rid of Thomas huh? That was ripe for picking a few more top pics. oh well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
Wade, Marion, Haslem, Beasley, blank. That's pretty darn good on its own.

Yeah, I'm just relieved they didn't fall out of the top 2. Beasley is a great consolation prize.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20, 2008 -> 06:03 PM)
Kirk Hinrich + Drew Gooden + Tyrus Thomas for Elton Brand + Brevin Knight

Rose - Thabo - Deng - Brand - Noah w/ Gordon off the bench = sickness.

http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4605077

The one thing I don't like about that idea is that it leaves the front court dangerously thin. Brand, Noah, and Gray are your 3 big guys, which means that Noc will spend an awful lot of time at PF just because we don't have any other choice.

The other thing I kinda half dislike about it is that it doesn't solve our back court log jam, because we still have 3 shooting guards.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
Kirk Hinrich + Drew Gooden + Tyrus Thomas for Elton Brand + Brevin Knight

Rose - Thabo - Deng - Brand - Noah w/ Gordon off the bench = sickness.

http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4605077

are Brand / Knight on the block?

Also, isnt this the last year for Gordon? We could just let him walk after this year.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 20, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
are Brand / Knight on the block?

Also, isnt this the last year for Gordon? We could just let him walk after this year.

Brand has an opt-out clause in his contract and is an ideal candidate for some team to do a sign and trade if they have the right deal.

Gordon is a RFA this offseason, and therefore, the Bulls would be smart to use him as a valuable tradeable asset if they think they can get something for him, otherwise they need to sign him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
Does anyone really believe Ben Gordon will be back?

Probably not, but the options right now with the Bulls are just plentiful and getting the #1 pick only adds to it. You've got to choose Rose or Beasley, you've got to unclog the Kirk/Duhon/Thabo/Gordon/Hughes/Rose? clusterf***, you need to add a PF you can count on, and you still need a head coach. It's going to be quite the summer for the Bulls.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)
And a certain poster on TalkBulls named eddog2.

I think Gordon could be deadly effective playing in the right situation. Just not in a half court, defense first, slowed down offense with no key post player and no #1 option, like he's been in the last few years.

Hell, if D'Antoni and Rose had both come to the Bulls, he might well have been dynamite. Because his liabilities on defense might have just been hidden.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
I think Gordon could be deadly effective playing in the right situation. Just not in a half court, defense first, slowed down offense with no key post player and no #1 option, like he's been in the last few years.

Hell, if D'Antoni and Rose had both come to the Bulls, he might well have been dynamite. Because his liabilities on defense might have just been hidden.

There are obvious holes in Ben's game, but the fact remains that he can shoot the lights out, get hotter than hell, and carry a team offensively when he does. I'm not sure what Pax wants to do, and maybe bridges with Ben have been burned, but the guy is still young and valuable.