2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2008 -> 10:46 PM)
I to this day can't understand why guys cheat with girls that don't look as good as the person they're with. Vanessa Bryant DESTROYS whoever this Curry chick is. If you're gonna cheat, cheat up. Words of the wise from J4L.

Well cheating is generally pretty stupid and people who cheat are generally being stupid to do so. With that in mind, it should be no surprise that people cheat down the majority of the time, because the act itself is stupid, and thus the taste of the person doing it will often follow suit in that regard.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
Looks like I gave the Spurs WAYYYYYYY too much credit. I guess there's a reason they've never repeated.

Don't count them out yet, that series will go 7, just watch.

And Palehose, I don't ever see Westbrook becoming a legit pg in the NBA, I just don't. And as far as athleticism, ya he might be able to jump as high as Rose but he's not as quick. Westbrook definitely has some high potential, I don't think he'll reach that though, not as a pg.

And Palehose, I don't ever see Westbrook becoming a legit pg in the NBA, I just don't. And as far as athleticism, ya he might be able to jump as high as Rose but he's not as quick. Westbrook definitely has some high potential, I don't think he'll reach that though, not as a pg.

Yeah, that's the big question with him. If he can't become a PG, then he's just another athletic, undersized 2G.

I have seen Chad Ford's article and countless threads about the Heat drafting OJ Mayo. I might honestly just stop caring for any single NBA team if that's the case.

There's so many reason's why that doesn't make any sense that I don't even know where to begin. I'll try.

1. He's a SG, he had more turnovers than assists last year, and at 6'4, there's no hope of being a SF. I think there's this Wade guy that plays SG as well.

2. Attitude questions, I'll take Chad Ford's word for it that he is really misunderstood and the countless incidents with him all are not his fault. Him being a year older than his peers also doesn't help.

3. Even if he's somehow forced into a PG role, he has never shown any interest in defense, much less having to guard NBA PG's.

4. OJ Mayo with his "posse" in Miami? Yeah that's going to end well.

I'm really praying it's just a smokescreen.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 27, 2008 -> 10:51 PM)
Lakers benefit from a extremely generous no call.

Yeah, but the Spurs got the calls all game, and really, if the best play you can get in 2.1 seconds is a 35 footer from Brent Barry, you deserve to lose.

That win might have won the Lakers the title, because the Spurs can't beat them three times in a row (2 in LA), and the eastern finals is a real pillowfight right now, with Boston struggling against a team whose best player is on one leg and not doing much.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 29, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
Congrats to LA. Now I'm just hoping they can beat the crap out of whoever comes out of the east.

They will. If they were THAT much better than the west (12-3 through the conference playoffs where all 8 teams won 50 games), they are better than an old Detroit team or more likely an also old Boston team. Plus, the Lakers have by far the best player in the world right now. Plus, I think the Pistons will win tomorrow, so it could take Boston an extra 6 games (and at least 5 even if they win) to get to the finals, and that's a lot of extra work for a team with three stars in their 30's.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 30, 2008 -> 12:23 AM)
They will. If they were THAT much better than the west (12-3 through the conference playoffs where all 8 teams won 50 games), they are better than an old Detroit team or more likely an also old Boston team. Plus, the Lakers have by far the best player in the world right now. Plus, I think the Pistons will win tomorrow, so it could take Boston an extra 6 games (and at least 5 even if they win) to get to the finals, and that's a lot of extra work for a team with three stars in their 30's.

I could be wrong , but I am pretty sure if the celtics made it to the finals with a game 7 victory , they would be the only team to make it to the finals having to play the maximum of 21 potential previous playoff games. Best of 7's for the 1st round started in 2003, so it is quite possible.

The Lakers are going to be all time good next season IMO. As for this year, I think they beat Boston. Odom should have a big series, Boston doesn't have a lineup that can even somewhat contain Kobe and Odom at the same time, and you know they'll double #24.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 23, 2008 -> 11:00 PM)
Well cheating is generally pretty stupid and people who cheat are generally being stupid to do so. With that in mind, it should be no surprise that people cheat down the majority of the time, because the act itself is stupid, and thus the taste of the person doing it will often follow suit in that regard.

They will cheat up or down based on availability, willingness, and a host of other factors. BTW, most women cheat because they are bored, men for acceptance and power.

Michael Curry will take over.

It may also buy "Sheed" another season in Mo-Town.

Flip's a decent coach, but he's just never gotten his teams over the hump in the playoffs.

He'll definitely surface somewhere else, and may get some consideration for the Phoenix job.