2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

If Perkins isn't right to play in game 6 though, I can see the Lakers stealing a win there.

Because I mean Pierce played insane last night and Kobe was terrible except for the 1st 5 mins of the game, and yet the Lakers still won.

So that should give them a little bit of hope.

But Kobe is the key, he's got to pick it up against Pierce.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg, total rape. I knew it was going to be a relatively comfortable win in Boston based off what I saw as unimpressive performances from the Lakers, but seriously this is a complete ass thumping.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
Lamar Odom looking like a chump.

lol, yeah I guess he was expecting the Celtics to just let up on them. That's always been my thing about "running up the score" in those circumstances - if you're mad that the other team is still playing, maybe you should've thought about showing up to the game.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 11:14 PM)
WAY TO LEAD YOUR SOFT-@$$ TEAM TO A TITLE, "MJ"!!!!!!11!!!!ONE!!!

BTW, nice sig, lostfan. :lolhitting "OK? A simple 'wrong' would have done just fine but..."

Business ethics! :headbang

It's crazy that Thibodeau's not going to have a head coaching job next season IMHO.

But the Celtics defensively were just superb on Kobe, and the Lakers could not score ANYTHING inside. Gasol and Odom were basically afterthoughts in this series.

The guy they really missed was Andruw Bynum.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
They also lacked agressiveness from Pasol & Odom. Gasol needs to learn to bang in the low post.

He never will learn that. It's just not part of his game. He is not a banger, and when he tries to be, he gets hurt.

So who takes over the title now of "Best veteran NBA player never to win a championship" now that KG has one? (by saying Veteran I'm deliberately excluding James and Paul and other biblical sounding names that came from that 03 draft class and after). The guys I see are Brand, Nash, Dirk, TMac, maybe Yao's getting there, Iverson, Kidd, anyone have a favorite?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
So who takes over the title now of "Best veteran NBA player never to win a championship" now that KG has one? (by saying Veteran I'm deliberately excluding James and Paul and other biblical sounding names that came from that 03 draft class and after). The guys I see are Brand, Nash, Dirk, TMac, maybe Yao's getting there, Iverson, Kidd, anyone have a favorite?

Tracy McGrady

I guess Tmac, Dirk, and Iverson would take that role now. I don't know if anyone else cares but as a whole I thought this was the worse refereed playoffs in recent history... the home team had such a tremendous advantage that it was ridiculous.