2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 21, 2008 -> 07:29 AM)
I'd like to see Gordon gone ONLY if we sign and trade him(for better value than the chandler trade) . If a deal is not available then you need to re-sign him.

Chandler was more of a salary dump.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ May 21, 2008 -> 02:49 AM)
I really want Rose but like its been previously mentioned hard to go wrong either way. Knowing our luck, Paxson will go ahead and draft Brook Lopez with the first overall pick and Bulls will suck forever ;p.

He trades down and drafts Love

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 21, 2008 -> 08:44 AM)
I hated it at the time and of course I do now.

Eh... personally I was dying to get rid of him at the time, I guess I was wrong there and we just traded him a year too soon. I didn't think Wallace was going to be completely worthless, and the general feeling was that the Bulls were contenders in the East (they were, sort of) now that they had a big man. Looking back, I'm not sure what Pax could've done differently. We had NY's lottery pick still... I guess draft Aldridge. Which we did. Sigh.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 21, 2008 -> 09:13 AM)
Eh... personally I was dying to get rid of him at the time, I guess I was wrong there and we just traded him a year too soon. I didn't think Wallace was going to be completely worthless, and the general feeling was that the Bulls were contenders in the East (they were, sort of) now that they had a big man. Looking back, I'm not sure what Pax could've done differently. We had NY's lottery pick still... I guess draft Aldridge. Which we did. Sigh.

The entire Aldridge situation hurts big time. But, if we draft Rose it would be interesting to see what Tyrus can become with a true PG.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 21, 2008 -> 09:16 AM)
The entire Aldridge situation hurts big time. But, if we draft Rose it would be interesting to see what Tyrus can become with a true PG.

I still scratch my head at the Aldridge trade. However, it could still pay dividends, and the deadline to do so hasn't happened yet. It appears Tyrus has been suffering from Brian Anderson syndrome. Wickedly talented, but immature. Considering BA finally got over that, I still have hope that Tyrus does too.

i would absolutely love either guy...but look through beasleys game log real quick

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=36671

i know it was against sac. state and western ill, but 32 pts and 24 rebs and 28 and 22 are a pretty solid way to start your freshman year...then theres the 39 and 11 game against national champs at the end of the year, the guy had a double double in all but 5 games (two of which he had 9 boards)

I think people fail to realize how absurdly ridiculous it is to average 26.5 points again (especially when everyone on the other team knows the ball is going to you) and 12.4 rebounds (lead the NCAA!) in the college game...those numbers are plain stupid

with rose he only went over 10 assists twice all year, and to be honest for the most part memphis played a weak schedule

Beasley is also 38% from the arc whereas rose is only 34 (which is bad for a guard, especially from the college length)

Dont get me wrong i love both guys but i have concerns about rose's shooting ability, and for a guy who should be a great distributor, he wasnt prolific at it in the college level against weak competition and with a loaded roster around him, while beasley without a doubt the most prolific rebounder scorer in the nation

I know Rose won't be a go to scorer in the NBA and thats not really why you draft him, but think about this...Rose's high in pts was 27....that was beasleys average!

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 21, 2008 -> 06:43 AM)
I think people fail to realize how absurdly ridiculous it is to average 26.5 points again (especially when everyone on the other team knows the ball is going to you) and 12.4 rebounds (lead the NCAA!) in the college game...those numbers are plain stupid

with rose he only went over 10 assists twice all year, and to be honest for the most part memphis played a weak schedule

The other side of those numbers though is that Beasley's scoring and rebounding were going to be inflated on a team like K-State, because he was the man on that team. it's not like there was another key rebounding or scoring option.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
The other side of those numbers though is that Beasley's scoring and rebounding were going to be inflated on a team like K-State, because he was the man on that team. it's not like there was another key rebounding or scoring option.

That's the thing too. What would MJ's #'s be on K-State opposed to UNC?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 21, 2008 -> 11:12 PM)
The Spurs blow a 20 point 3rd quarter lead and lose game 1 at LA. If they lose this series in 6 or 7, there is why.

they really have no one that can stop Kobe.

If you stingy Bulls take Derrick Rose, I would love to see the Heat trade down and end up with Russell Westbrook. He's just about on par with Derrick Rose and Beasley in my eyes. He's an elite athlete with the potential to play PG/SG next to Wade, and he's actually 40 days younger than Derrick Rose. I don't think his skills were ever featured in UCLA's half-court offense.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 23, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
If you stingy Bulls take Derrick Rose, I would love to see the Heat trade down and end up with Russell Westbrook. He's just about on par with Derrick Rose and Beasley in my eyes. He's an elite athlete with the potential to play PG/SG next to Wade, and he's actually 40 days younger than Derrick Rose. I don't think his skills were ever featured in UCLA's half-court offense.

Westbrook reminds me a lot of Antonio Daniels.

If he doesn't progress in his career, I could see him as an Antonio Daniels type as well.

I don't see much of a difference in potential between him and Derrick Rose right now. Rose is a natural PG from playing PG his whole life, but otherwise they offer the same height, same ridiculous athleticism, and same shooting ability at this point. Westbrook is a lockdown defender, which Rose doesn't offer consistently yet, but has the potential to.

I guess the question is whether Westbrook will ever become a full-time PG or not.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 23, 2008 -> 11:59 PM)
If he doesn't progress in his career, I could see him as an Antonio Daniels type as well.

I don't see much of a difference in potential between him and Derrick Rose right now. Rose is a natural PG from playing PG his whole life, but otherwise they offer the same height, same ridiculous athleticism, and same shooting ability at this point. Westbrook is a lockdown defender, which Rose doesn't offer consistently yet, but has the potential to.

I guess the question is whether Westbrook will ever become a full-time PG or not.

It's ironic due to all of his highlight dunks, but Westbrook is a terrible finisher in the paint. He has very little touch when close to the basket. If he was unable to thunder it home, he would miss a ton of layups. On the other hand, Rose has amazing body control and touch around the hoop.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
Looks like I gave the Spurs WAYYYYYYY too much credit. I guess there's a reason they've never repeated.

It isn't done yet, but the Spurs CLEARLY are still thinking about game 1 and the blown chance. I thought they were better than to do that, but touche on the point that they've never repeated. The Lakers, to be fair at the same time, are pretty damn good though, and wow what if they had Bynum? Two straight must wins for the Spurs now, just as I think the Celtics must win game 3 or 4 in Detroit or it's over.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 10:20 PM)
I was so hyped for these playoffs, but besides the Hornets and some Lakers games, nothing has really intrigued me.

I thought the Lakers and Pistons were, by far, the two best teams entering the playoffs. That rematch of four years ago would be a hell of a series.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)
I heard a rumor at work that Kobe is banging the Laker girl named Vanessa, and that's why her link isn't active on this site....

http://www.nba.com/lakers/lakergirls/index.html

Her link is no longer active because she was forced to resign from the Laker girls due to all the rumors.

http://jeanettes-celebrity-corner.com/2008...a-curry-photos/

This story just got hot this week. He's an NBA player through and through, and although I don't think he raped that girl in Colorado, of course he cheats, almost all pro athletes do. You'd figured he'd be smarter than to do it with somebody as high profile as a Laker girl though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 24, 2008 -> 03:25 AM)
Her link is no longer active because she was forced to resign from the Laker girls due to all the rumors.

http://jeanettes-celebrity-corner.com/2008...a-curry-photos/

This story just got hot this week. He's an NBA player through and through, and although I don't think he raped that girl in Colorado, of course he cheats, almost all pro athletes do. You'd figured he'd be smarter than to do it with somebody as high profile as a Laker girl though.

or the fact she has the same name as his wife!