LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 02:27 PM)
Interesting stuff about "Charlotte"

From WSI

I don't think there is much question time travel is going to start playing a much bigger role in the show. I just started getting into "Lost". I am almost all caught up on the last 3 seasons, but also watched the "Lost rewind" episode. They picked and choose what was important for people to know for season four and beyond, and they added in the scene with Hurley and Sayid or Desmond(I don't remember who it was) when they heard the 40's music on the radio, and Des said "It could be coming from anywhere", and Hurley added, "Or any time...just playing".

They do this sort of thing all the time- most of the time you just don't catch it. Before this season started, I watched the season finale of season 3 online, and they showed some of these things, which they call "easter eggs." In that episode, where they first began showing flash forwards, the name of the funeral home where Jack went was an anagram from the words "flash forward." And Jack was going to visit the coffin of someone who he obviously cared about, probably needed to get back to the island, but they wouldn't show us...the song playing on Jack's radio as he pulled up to the funeral home? Nirvana's "Scentless Apprentice."

All kinds of characters and places on the island are named after philosophers whose themes play a part in the theme of the show, authors, historical figures, etc. They are really clever with these things...we just don't catch the majority of them...

Being a Sayid-centric episode this week and the ABC promos saying another Oceanic 6 member will be revealed i would think it's safe to assume that Sayid is it.

another note i read online which would be one of the biggest surprises of the series IMO........

It's reavealed this week in a flash-forward that Sayid is working for/with Ben off the island.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
I think the Ben scene was a hallucination or dream at the end or Sayid has access to and from the island and the ending was on the island.

I am starting to think Kate and Jack in the finale of season 3 may have been a dream as well........

a dream? that is all real and happening after they get off the island; it makes sense now how they got a picture of Ben as he travels quite a bit due to all his passports and nice clothes in his secret room

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 04:51 PM)
I think the Ben scene was a hallucination or dream at the end or Sayid has access to and from the island and the ending was on the island.

I am starting to think Kate and Jack in the finale of season 3 may have been a dream as well........

I think Ben and Sayid are going after the group that is looking for the rest of the people who stayed on the island. like the skinny black guy (can't remember his name) who showed up to see Hurley.

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
I think Ben and Sayid are going after the group that is looking for the rest of the people who stayed on the island. like the skinny black guy (can't remember his name) who showed up to see Hurley.

I agree, but who do they work for? I miss the pod, that was such a peaceful time. All they had to do was push a few buttons.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 10:51 AM)

What the hell was with all of Ben's passports and s***. Insane

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
What the hell was with all of Ben's passports and s***. Insane

At least it proves that Ben can and probably has left the island whenever he's needed to.

one thing I found interesting last night was when John captured Sayid and company using Hurley as the bait. I was thinking that if I was Hurley, who would I rather have mad at me...Sayid or John???? I would have told Sayid and pissed off John. Sayid can be a scary dude. Though my wife thought he had nice hair when he was off-island.

Edited by juddling

a few notes on how lost will be handled in the aftermath of the writer's strike. this may have been posted already, and if so my apologies.

eight episodes were completed before the strike. we are three episodes into this season and four more episodes will air up until march 13. the show then goes on hiatus for six weeks, and returns with the eighth already completed episode on april 24. apparently that episode worked better as a premiere so they elected to hold it to launch the "second" season.

the following week, on may 1, lost will be pushed back to a 10 p.m. time slot following grey's anatomy. from that point, there will be five more episodes this year.

because of the strike, there will be 13 total episodes instead of the 16 initially planned. the show's creators said they will work the three additional episodes in over the course of the final two seasons, so we will indeed get the 48 they planned after last season.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 08:27 AM)
a few notes on how lost will be handled in the aftermath of the writer's strike. this may have been posted already, and if so my apologies.

eight episodes were completed before the strike. we are three episodes into this season and four more episodes will air up until march 13. the show then goes on hiatus for six weeks, and returns with the eighth already completed episode on april 24. apparently that episode worked better as a premiere so they elected to hold it to launch the "second" season.

the following week, on may 1, lost will be pushed back to a 10 p.m. time slot following grey's anatomy. from that point, there will be five more episodes this year.

because of the strike, there will be 13 total episodes instead of the 16 initially planned. the show's creators said they will work the three additional episodes in over the course of the final two seasons, so we will indeed get the 48 they planned after last season.

The impression they have given is this year's storyline will be completed using three less episodes. It will be interesting to see how this plays out but good to hear.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
I love Lost. I hate Lost. I love Lost. I hate Lost.

Since the show started, I have watched every episode and I go through these feelings every week.

Amen. You just want some damn answers! but at the same time, it's the desire to know these answers that makes it so good!!!

I just started watching it this season. I needed to know what all the hype was about. I saw they were having that rewind show, so I watched it and I've been hooked ever since. The flashbacks had me confused as hell in the begining..cause I was like WTF is going on. Did htey have Flashbacks on all the previous seasons or is this the first.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
I just started watching it this season. I needed to know what all the hype was about. I saw they were having that rewind show, so I watched it and I've been hooked ever since. The flashbacks had me confused as hell in the begining..cause I was like WTF is going on. Did htey have Flashbacks on all the previous seasons or is this the first.

up until the last episode of last season there was a flashback for a character in every show. it provided context and gave you a better idea of who these people were. this season, most of what you are seeing are flash forwards to the future.

the whole storytelling convention of lost is one of the big pulls for me. i've always been a fan of non-linear storytelling, but this show has just taken it to a new level.

also, if you are just starting now i really would try to put in the time and work through some of the first few seasons on dvd. i didn't start watching the show when it came on the air, but heard the buzz and got the first season. i burned through season one and two pretty quickly and last year was the first i watched "live." but, i think there is value to seeing how we got to this point.

I have watched since Day 1. I also got seasons 1 and 2 over the summer and watched them. I am DVR'ing this season and will watch season 3 and this season again over the summer and fall. It is amazing the thigns that are missed (ie Libby is seen in the institution with Hurley at the end of an episode, she also gave Desmond her boat).

If you have not wathced this from the onset your are only seeing a small piece of what the show is really about.

The inside stuff on the show is what I really like.

There are websites all over that will help you out.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)

I would recommend that you go back and rent the first 3 seasons on DVD. The show would make a lot more sense for you.