White Sox Will Wear Camo Jerseys in '08

Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
The troops flat out don't give a f*** if a team wears camouflage or not. It's a dumb, empty gesture that makes the players look like idiots.

How can they look like idiots if you can't see them?

The troops flat out don't give a f*** if a team wears camouflage or not. It's a dumb, empty gesture that makes the players look like idiots.

How do you know what makes the troops happy? You may not like them (the camos),

but anything people here in their comfortable homes can do to honor the troops,

who daily are sweating their asses off for us here is no empty gesture. Maybe you

served in the armed services, maybe not. I for one applaud ANY gesture to honor those guys

who are fighting this stupid ass war. I hope the Sox give all Chicagoans at war future season tickets for FREE at least for one season.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(LukeGofannon @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
Support the troops, bring them home

...to unemployment perhaps?

The job of a soldier is to fight the enemy (shoot and be shot at).

This wasn't a drafted war, they knew what they were getting into when they signed up.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
How can they look like idiots if you can't see them?

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
Good point. Could also assist in stealing bases. I'm all for this.

Anyone else getting a "LOL" picture in their heads like I am?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)
Is there a line that gets crossed and then it's a meaningless gesture?

Sure. When you start seeing the jerseys in Wisconsin during Deer hunting season, the line is crossed.

In all series-ness, this is about putting a different kind of jersey on the rack in the pro shop, and nothing else.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 07:22 PM)
Sure. When you start seeing the jerseys in Wisconsin during Deer hunting season, the line is crossed.

In all series-ness, this is about putting a different kind of jersey on the rack in the pro shop, and nothing else.

And it's free advertising to anyone Mark runs in to while hunting.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)

Ding! So do proceeds of ticket sales or jersey sales go helping war wounded? Or VA services? Cause I'd be down with it then.

If not, it'll just be annoying because I'll keep accidentally walking into camo jersey wearin fans on the concourse. Ya know, cause I can't see em.

While it doesn't bother me as much as some, I don't think the jersey is worth much. Personally I think letting troops into games for free (if they do still do that) is a nicer gesture. I also agree that if they really wanted to do something, they could donate a portion of sales of these uni's to places like the VA hospitals, or for families that have lost family members to war, etc.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 07:59 AM)
While it doesn't bother me as much as some, I don't think the jersey is worth much. Personally I think letting troops into games for free (if they do still do that) is a nicer gesture. I also agree that if they really wanted to do something, they could donate a portion of sales of these uni's to places like the VA hospitals, or for families that have lost family members to war, etc.

:notworthy Exactly. The cynic in me sees a marketing ploy to get people into the games and profits for the companies doing these tributes. Let's buy a support our troops magnet and support the 9 year old kid in China that makes them.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
:notworthy Exactly. The cynic in me sees a marketing ploy to get people into the games and profits for the companies doing these tributes. Let's buy a support our troops magnet and support the 9 year old kid in China that makes them.

you guys are just un-american

go vote for Hillary...hippies....