Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

Ha, I'm just trying to rile up you SIU fans. I'll be the first to tell you that if ISU did sneak a win down in Carbondale, I would be shocked. I do think that the semi's in Arch Madness could be a hell of a game with both teams coming in hot and a neutral court. Either way saturday night should be fun.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 10:49 PM)
I hope you have some interior players on the horizon. Hubalek is horrid, your guards are not bad.

Nope, that's where we are the thinnest. Brackins came in as a 5 star and has been a massive disappointment. Diante played one of his best games of the year last night, and Haluska stepped up.

We're going to miss Jiri.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 03:21 PM)
The SIU vs. isu game is on Comcast sports net up here in the chicago area Saturday night! Can't wait! I'm so ready to beat them, i hate isu soooo much!

The arena is going to be f'n insane. Saturday night game, senior night and all the sudden it's a HUGE game. That place is going to be scary. Can't wait.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
The arena is going to be f'n insane. Saturday night game, senior night and all the sudden it's a HUGE game. That place is going to be scary. Can't wait.

I can not wait for this either, I think you guys are gonna be in for all you can handle. I'm gonna be in champaign while watching this game, there might be some Illini fans around so I can show them what a meaningful game in Illinois looks like. :bang

QUOTE(kjshoe04 @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 09:10 AM)
I can not wait for this either, I think you guys are gonna be in for all you can handle. I'm gonna be in champaign while watching this game, there might be some Illini fans around so I can show them what a meaningful game in Illinois looks like. :bang

nice. one good year and all the hubris comes out. love it.

go salukis. :P

Since I have an accounting test in several hours, let me get in my Marquette/Georgetown post now:

WOOH! LET'S GO MARQUETTE. BEAT SOME FELLOW JESUIT ASS!

N.D. just cannot win on the road against a good team to save their life. Harangody goes 40 and 11 and they still can't catch up to Louisville. The guards seem to constantly fold and turn the ball over whenever they are pressured.

Gosh do I hope we draw ND in either the BE tournament or in the NCAAs. The big ugly would undoubtedly go for at least 30, but McAlarney can't handle James on either end of the court. We match up so well with that team.

QUOTE(gbuk @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 09:50 PM)
Marquette runs into the lucky buzzsaw of Georgetown. I hate that team, they've done it all year.

Miserable.

And I apologize for the embarrassment of some of the stupid f***ing Marquette students who found it necessary to throw the neon light-up jobbers at people from Georgetown. Ignorant motherf***ers (not the Georgetown people -- some of my fellow students).

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
We just need to take care of our business. All we can worry about.

Well obviously we got to handle our business before anything else but it certainly doesn't hurt to have some of these bubble teams lose.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
Well obviously we got to handle our business before anything else but it certainly doesn't hurt to have some of these bubble teams lose.

Good luck. Go Redbirds.