Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
Sounds like another athlete flashing his wealth at the wrong place, you would of thought that he would of learned something after the incident in Denver.

Doesnt EVERYBODY flash their wealth in vegas?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)

If you flash your wealth, don't be surprised if somebody goes to extreme measures to try and take some of it for you. I'm not saying you deserve to get robbed, and to me it's not flashing your wealth just to have a nice car or something, but if you want to make it rain and wear hundred thousand dollar jewelry, people will notice you. And some people are bad people, as well all know.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
If you flash your wealth, don't be surprised if somebody goes to extreme measures to try and take some of it for you. I'm not saying you deserve to get robbed, and to me it's not flashing your wealth just to have a nice car or something, but if you want to make it rain and wear hundred thousand dollar jewelry, people will notice you. And some people are bad people, as well all know.

Well I didnt hear anything about him making it rain or walking around wearing hundred thousand dollar jewelry, just heard he was found unconcious and robbed.

edit: nevermind, I saw it

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks?tag=javon%20walker

Although splashing people with champaign is just a weak reason to rob someone

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
Wow...

Did I post something incorrect?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)

Yeah, but EVERYBODY isn't a professional football player who just signed a big deal.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
Did I post something incorrect?

Yeah, but EVERYBODY isn't a professional football player who just signed a big deal.

Id compare your post to saying its ok to rape a girl because she looked like a slut and was asking for it. Regardless of how he was flaunting his money or doing something stupid that doesnt mean people should get a free pass to beat him unconscience and rob him.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
Id compare your post to saying its ok to rape a girl because she looked like a slut and was asking for it. Regardless of how he was flaunting his money or doing something stupid that doesnt mean people should get a free pass to beat him unconscience and rob him.

I'm not saying that a free pass was given out because of him flaunting, but he shouldn't be surprised nor should we if he does get robbed. So either he should of had some good security with him or been more careful with what he was doing. It's not like this is some new occurrence.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
I'm not saying that a free pass was given out because of him flaunting, but he shouldn't be surprised nor should we if he does get robbed. So either he should of had some good security with him or been more careful with what he was doing. It's not like this is some new occurrence.

Ok, I was thinking more like you meant that he deserved it because he was flaunting his money so my bad on that. But yeah, it doesnt surprise me that it happened though.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
Well I didnt hear anything about him making it rain or walking around wearing hundred thousand dollar jewelry, just heard he was found unconcious and robbed.

edit: nevermind, I saw it

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks?tag=javon%20walker

Although splashing people with champaign is just a weak reason to rob someone

Oh for sure. Nobody deserves to be robbed ever, especially if they are just flashing their wealth (although that is a lame thing to do). But you have to assume the worst of people in this day and age, so if you flash it, expect people to do whatever they feel neccesary to get some of it unfortunately.

Bears agreed to terms with DT Tommie Harris on a four-year extension through 2012. Profootballtalk.com reports the deal is worth $40 million.

He'll receive $27 million in the first three years, putting the deal in the Randy Moss range and making Harris the NFL's richest DT. Harris, 25, will hit free agency again at the age of 29. If he can avoid recurring knee injuries, Harris should get three huge contracts, including his rookie deal. It's also a good move for the Bears, who are locking up arguably the league's best "three technique" defensive tackle. Harris had eight sacks and forced two fumbles in 2007 despite playing at less than 100% almost all season. Jun. 19 - 9:31 pm et

YES!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Brett Favre wants back in (rotoworld):

Citing a league source, the Wisconsin State Journal reports that Brett Favre requested his release from the Packers "within the past few weeks."

Either Favre or his agent, Bus Cook, reportedly contacted the Packers to inform them of his intent to play again. When the Packers said they've moved on, Favre demanded to be released. The Packers said no. GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy are currently on vacation and unavailable for comment. The Packers hold all the power here and if they continue to exercise it, the situation could get ugly for everyone. That is, if Favre doesn't change his mind again. Jul. 2 - 5:48 pm et

Source: Wisconsin State Journal

BRISTOL, CONNECTICUT (TICKER) —Brett Favre could again be having second thoughts about retirement.

According to a report by ESPN.com on Wednesday, Favre has an “itch” to come out of retirement and report to training camp with the Green Bay Packers later this month.

ESPN.com cited sources close to the team and player. The report said Favre’s family is “tugging” on him to play.

Favre has communicated his potential desire to coach Mike McCarthy, but talks have not advanced to a substantive stage, a Packers source said told ESPN.com.

PA SportsTicker was unable to reach Favre’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, for comment.

Favre has two years remaining on his contract at an average of about $12.5 million per season. His salary is not currently counting toward the salary cap because the Packers placed him on the reserve-retired list.

This is not the first time it has been reported that Favre was thinking of returning.

In April, the Los Angeles Times reported that Favre has been quietly talking with teams about their interest in trading for the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player.

On March 4, Favre, who played with the Packers for 16 seasons and holds virtually every NFL passing record, announced his retirement during an emotional press conference at Lambeau Field.

However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union.

Damn, even Mike waited 1-3 years before flip-flopping. Favre couldn't even make it four months.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
I read somewhere that Kevin Jones has worked out for teams and yet of course the Bears were not there. How the hell can they not be at least interested in him??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3465537

Because he isn't that good?

The Bears are very jaded to think they don't need to bring in one of these FA vets. I'd take Dayne for a 1 year deal.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)
How could one tell he isn't that good with him running behind that Detroit O line? Then again is the Bears much better? I think Jones would be better than Wolfe and Peterson....who knows how Forte will do as well.JMO

Didnt Jones blow out both knees during his career?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
I read somewhere that Kevin Jones has worked out for teams and yet of course the Bears were not there. How the hell can they not be at least interested in him??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3465537

I read today that now they did, and they're interested in him. This is one of those "I"ll believe it when I see it" kind of things, but if they signed Jones (doubt it'd take much) that'd take some of the weight off Forte's shoulders... plus, injuries aside, he's better than Benson would've been, and the Bears would be pretty legit at RB with a proven (albeit risky) option.

Then they'd just have to hope that my boy Mark Bradley miraculously breaks out, Booker is resurgent, Hester actually lives up to all that potential, and/or one of the rookies comes on quickly... cross your fingers Angelo.