Big Ten Tournament

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Well, if there ever was such a thing as a team in disarray, it's IU. Or the Bulls, take your pick.

They really need to right that ship and rebuild from the ground up next year. This is just embarrassing.

Anyone want to argue anymore that the coaching change for IU has had no effect? It's been punch-in-the-face obvious.

Karma's a b**** ain't it Indiana? You lose a share of the Big 10 title on a banked three, and your knocked out of the Big 10 tournament on a miracle 75 foot pass/shot. It's just good to see that cheating still doesn't pay off, although with that said I wouldn't be surprised at all if Minnesota beats Illinois tomorrow. As for IU, they'll be done on the first weekend.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
Well, if there ever was such a thing as a team in disarray, it's IU. Or the Bulls, take your pick.

They really need to right that ship and rebuild from the ground up next year. This is just embarrassing.

Agreed.

In addition, I like Minnesota, so now I'm rooting for them to pull it off. I'm also expecting a 6 seed in the tourney.

Edited by farmteam

I guess I should come here to eat a little crow. A good lesson for you kids...... Don't post from your phone while drinking at a bar! One thing I find funny though after reading these posts is that Illinois fans can't be happy just b****ing about the officiating, they have to b**** about referees inother games too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend Illini fans. It's the last basketball you'll play this year. Come watch the Hoosiers play next weekend while your team is sitting on their asses at home.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
I guess I should come here to eat a little crow. A good lesson for you kids...... Don't post from your phone while drinking at a bar! One thing I find funny though after reading these posts is that Illinois fans can't be happy just b****ing about the officiating, they have to b**** about referees inother games too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend Illini fans. It's the last basketball you'll play this year. Come watch the Hoosiers play next weekend while your team is sitting on their asses at home.

HAHAHA!! Awww, bad night? Well, we'd have to watch you next weekend since you guys won't be playing after that, so enjoy being a 1st or 2nd round exit. As an Illinois fan who has experienced it the last two years, I know it means nothing to get that far. As for b****ing about the refs.....uhh what? Minnesota blew the game, then won on a miracle shot. This is just great though, IU doesn't put a postseason ban on itself like it should have this year, is going to gain no benefit from playing out the year, lost it's coach, lost it's two best recruits, will lose it's two best players, and might get postseason bans and future scholarship losses. You guys may get the joy of losing in the tournament next weekend, but your f***ed for years to come. Should have just taken your medicine and built for as near of a future as possible like Ohio State did.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)

Yeah...you're so right. The officiating was fabulous. It's just too bad Indiana couldn't convert on more than 1 of those 5 foul opportunites in the last 5 seconds of the game. They should have called a loose ball foul on Hoffarber there on that last play to really seal the deal and give IU another 2 shots at the line.

Oh...and I will enjoy every moment of watching that classy group of Hoosiers play next weekend. Nothing quite like watching a team quit on the season because the great coach they respected so much got run out of town for dragging the university's name through the mud.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
Karma's a b**** ain't it Indiana? You lose a share of the Big 10 title on a banked three, and your knocked out of the Big 10 tournament on a miracle 75 foot pass/shot. It's just good to see that cheating still doesn't pay off, although with that said I wouldn't be surprised at all if Minnesota beats Illinois tomorrow. As for IU, they'll be done on the first weekend.

Would not surprise me if Minnesota won but we seem to match up well with them. But no matter what happens there are going to be a lot of teams paying real close attention to the Big 10 title game on Sunday because Minny or Illinois are going to have a shot to take a bid from someone.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 03:02 AM)
I kind of want to see Illinois win the next two games just to see what the hell their seed would be for the big dance.

I would imagine it would be somewhere between 11 and 14. Who knows but I can tell you that while we are not a good team I would not be happy if I was a 3 seed who had to play us.

I can't believe we won last night, and f*** the Big Ten Network. I didn't see any of the game other than that which was on Sportscenter.

It's a real shame we can't beat the Illini, because then this whole thing would get really, really interesting.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 11:53 PM)
HAHAHA!! Awww, bad night? Well, we'd have to watch you next weekend since you guys won't be playing after that, so enjoy being a 1st or 2nd round exit. As an Illinois fan who has experienced it the last two years, I know it means nothing to get that far. As for b****ing about the refs.....uhh what? Minnesota blew the game, then won on a miracle shot. This is just great though, IU doesn't put a postseason ban on itself like it should have this year, is going to gain no benefit from playing out the year, lost it's coach, lost it's two best recruits, will lose it's two best players, and might get postseason bans and future scholarship losses. You guys may get the joy of losing in the tournament next weekend, but your f***ed for years to come. Should have just taken your medicine and built for as near of a future as possible like Ohio State did.

If living in your delusional world gaining your happiness from IU's problems go right ahead. Once again, you amaze me because you sometimes say smart things and other times are just plain idiotic. Actually thinking IU should have self-imposed a post-season ban this year ranks right up with the all-time stupid things you've posted.

But hey. if finding misery in others makes you happy since your own team can't provide it, I say go right ahead.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
I don't feel like looking back through past tournaments, but has it ever happened before?

Not in the last ten years that I can recall. The closest thing I can remember is the 16-14 Georgia, but they were at at-large team. They were an 8 seed, and obviously Illinois' resume would greatly contrast to theirs though. I would say 13 would be the most likely.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 09:21 AM)
If living in your delusional world gaining your happiness from IU's problems go right ahead. Once again, you amaze me because you sometimes say smart things and other times are just plain idiotic. Actually thinking IU should have self-imposed a post-season ban this year ranks right up with the all-time stupid things you've posted.

But hey. if finding misery in others makes you happy since your own team can't provide it, I say go right ahead.

Just leave the UI fans alone. Whatever they need to do to make it through the season is fine with me. I don't need to voice my pleasure in their current situation.