Gavin "Pretty Boy" Floyd vs. D-Train, Going for three!

TitoMB345

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(G&T @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
So how has Floyd pitched so far anyway?

A bit erratic. Behind in the count to a lot of hitters, but making some good pitches. Got burned on a fastball up and in on Inge. Overall, he hasn't been great, but he hasn't been bad either. Only 2 walks though, so he's letting them hit it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:18 PM)
A bit erratic. Behind in the count to a lot of hitters, but making some good pitches. Got burned on a fastball up and in on Inge. Overall, he hasn't been great, but he hasn't been bad either.

As far as fifth starters go I can handle that.

The offense needs to wake up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
Please tell me I heard wrong...did Ozzie say Floyd did a great job last year, and he's doing a great job again this year?

Nice job by Swisher out there today.

I would guess that Ozzie is just being nice... but there are plenty of people who think he did a good/great job last year.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:19 PM)
It should be good enough from your 5th starter at league minimum. One terrible, terrible pitch to Inge.

It really wasn't that terrible of a pitch. Inge just did a great job getting his hips turned and keeping his hands in. I'd call that good hitting before I call it a terrible pitch.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:19 PM)
It's the 5th game of the season, and they have played against 1 other team. There is no possible way to make the call at this point of the season.

I just mean overall, last year included. They are just so up and down.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:19 PM)
It should be good enough from your 5th starter at league minimum. One terrible, terrible pitch to Inge.

Yeah if this is how he's going to pitch for the rest of the season against weaker lineups, we're not really in that bad of shape, he just really needs to be better than Contreras.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:19 PM)
Floyd's given us a chance to win....you can't ask for more from him. I'll take 5 innings, 3 runs every game.

yep if we get this from gavin all year we'll be in good shape.....

oh god the way swisher fell to the ground there reminded me of dye in the playoffs back when he was in oakland...that coulda been bad

QUOTE(Elgin Slim @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
He's actually pitching quite well due to the fact he doesn't have his best stuff out there, doesn't have good control today, and can't throw the deuce for a strike.

Get used to it...that's pretty much every game with him.