The OFFICIAL "I was wrong about Joe Crede" thread

shawnhillegas

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well good job Joe keep it up

Doesn't change the fact that Fields shouldn't be in AAA right now.. if were gonna keep Joe around then try and deal Fields for something else that can help this team

Its still to early, if he keeps it up great then we can use fields to help the club near the deadline.. if not, then well prolly deal Crede for something.. I don't really care, just wanna see them win

I never wanted him gone. at the end of '06 he was considered a friggin' franchise player. I know sentiments in baseball (sports in general) turn on a dime, and i recognize that Kenny is in a tough spot with Fields not only hinting at, but demonstrating promise, and contract sh*tuations furthing complicating everything, but Crede is a special player and i want him on the team. You have to be thankful that Williams was not willing to take garbage for him.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
Ok, well good job Joe keep it up

Doesn't change the fact that Fields shouldn't be in AAA right now..

+1

As impressed as I've been with Quentin, Fields should've gotten more reps in LF and a chance to start there.

if were gonna keep Joe around then try and deal Fields for something else that can help this team

No way. You don't deal a cheap player that you'll need at 3B next year that has Fields' power.

I was in the "we have two very good players at 3rd" camp. We have an over abundance of talent at 3rd. Sadly, instead of celebrating that, it divides Soxdom :lolhitting

Even more sad, I'm thinking all this does is make it easier to trade him and get good value.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
I'm pretty certain he has 3 errors this season, but I don't want to hijack the thread. He's a great defensive 3B.

That's what I was getting at... he didn't just turn into a terrible defender all of a sudden.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
Even more sad, I'm thinking all this does is make it easier to trade him and get good value.

That's true. However, I don't see Joe going anywhere if the Sox are still in first place (or close) in July.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
One good week isn't going to give him that much more trade value.

Step one, prove he is healthy. One week doesn't count much for stats, but he looks pretty healthy, and that will help his value.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
I think these threads are meant to start fights. Enjoy the success, why throw it in someones face?

Lets have this discussion after the World Series

This thread was intended to start no fights. It was made for the fine moments in life when you feel good about being wrong.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
Step one, prove he is healthy. One week doesn't count much for stats, but he looks pretty healthy, and that will help his value.

I'm not sure one week of activity proves durability :lol:

so is this going to be the new soxtalk trend, if Crede starts having a great season we just discuss how we need to trade him? personally, i would prefer to keep him and try to win this year.

This thread shouldnt have even been started. What Crede did today is why he is up here is it not?

Just dont get your panties in a bunch when Crede leaves this season because his agent thinks he can get more then 15 mil a year

and thats all i'll say, and its all that is needed to say. Its 7 games. And why was I wrong about Joe Crede? Pretty sure we know what he did in 06 we should just be glad he is not one of the players that careers fizzle with a bad back injury.

Serious question - I have always been a Crede fan and fully expected him to revert to being a solid contributor this year. He is not going to be a 0.350 hitter of course over the course of the season; but what if he continues to be a 0.300 or so hitter with a steady glove and the Sox keep on winning? What do you do at the deadline then? If teams ask for Crede, how can you trade him if you are in a pennant race then??? Especially if it is an AL team that asks for him....

I have a feeling we will keep Crede all year and then make the decision (extend Crede and trade Fields or let him go and get draft picks) at the end of this season.....I know there will be people here crying about how we did not get any overhyped, over-rated spects instead .... but you cannot give up a player if your team is in a pennant race.....that would not sit well in the clubhouse or with the casual fans (White flag).