2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
is there ever a series where junior doesnt just crush the cubs?

I don't think he's been overly great against them in the past. It's usually Dunn that murders them. Lieber has nothing on his pitches, I'm shocked he's done as well as he has this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
I don't think he's been overly great against them in the past. It's usually Dunn that murders them. Lieber has nothing on his pitches, I'm shocked he's done as well as he has this year.

.320/.400/.553 with 8 HR 29 RBI in 141 ABs over the past 3 years against them

haha you are right about dunn though...

.259/.395/.633 with 18!!HR and 30 RBI in 166 ABs over the same 3 year span

both have crushed the cubs

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
Griff with the shot. That's awesome. Lately it seems like every Cub fan I know has been off the hook cocky about their moderate start against the cream of baseballs crop (Pirates, Reds, a busted up Phillies team, and starting tomorrow, the Pirates again).

It's honestly hilarious.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
Marissa Miller, the super model, threw out the first pitch. I thought she was gonna bounce it up there but she winged it from the mound on a fly. I was kind of impressed.

Can she play for the Pirates? 3 gift runs for the Cubs, as the Pirates are making defense seem impossible.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 01:33 PM)
Can she play for the Pirates? 3 gift runs for the Cubs, as the Pirates are making defense seem impossible.

The Cubs simply are beating bad teams. They show up, try to get a little bit of pitching, beat up on bp pitching from the opposition and try to barely win. I have a feeling when they go to the west coast, they are going to come home a beaten up team.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Here is the MP3 of the Reds Announcers on the cub fans.

cubfans.mp3

"You simply root against them. I've said it all winter, they talk about the team winning the division, and my comment is that they won't win it because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up."

pwned! :lolhitting

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
"You simply root against them. I've said it all winter, they talk about the team winning the division, and my comment is that they won't win it because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up."

pwned! :lolhitting

JUST LIKE LAST YEAR, MARTY!!!

oh wait

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
Luis Rivas is still in the league???

He's awful, and he's been a disaster against the Cubs so far this year. I saw him in Durham a few years ago, and the talk around that club was he was a major juicer during his days with the Twins.