2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
Did Jason Bay drop a fly ball costing the Pirates a few runs? I missed the play.

it was a one hopper that he mishandled....brenely is unreal, he was like wow thats a tough error that was a hard ball to handle.....what a joke ...every major leaguer should make that play...and yes it did cost a run

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)
Zambrano just completely blew up, starting after he broke his back over his knee after striking out. Here comes Wuertz...a reminder, don't swing if it gets to 3-2.

How does his pitch speed look? Last start he was hovering around 90, and had that moment where the trainer came out and looked at him

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 17, 2008 -> 07:31 PM)
How does his pitch speed look? Last start he was hovering around 90, and had that moment where the trainer came out and looked at him

89-94...Pirates could have had a few more runs earlier in the game, but flew out to the fence.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
STOP THROWING FASTBALLS TO SORIANO! The Cubs offense just keeps going and going.

its unreal to me...why do people not throw him breaking balls and let him get himself out

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
Because the National Legue loves to piss us off.

lol i just got a call from my good friend who is a cub fan...thats the type of s*** that drives me f***ing up a wall...who the f*** is tyler yates...ryan bixler? WTF aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 17, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
lol i just got a call from my good friend who is a cub fan...thats the type of s*** that drives me f***ing up a wall...who the f*** is tyler yates...ryan bixler? WTF aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Bixler...the same dumbass who forgot to run home earlier this year on a bunt where the Pirates would have beat the Cubs. Jack Wilson will be back off the DL soon, but that doesn't really help us much.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
Bixler...the same dumbass who forgot to run home earlier this year on a bunt where the Pirates would have beat the Cubs. Jack Wilson will be back off the DL soon, but that doesn't really help us much.

thank god they at least 1 above average player in mclouth

CAPPS THREW HIM 3 STRAIGHT FASTBALLS WTF....up 0-2 why are you throwing a strike to this guy?!?

capps threw 22 pitches in the 9th.....all fastballs...wow

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 17, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
So, Marmol is human

Throw a middle in fastball to a hot hitter like McLouth and your going to have problems. It is strange to see Marmol lose a game for them though, very strange.

Anyways, Soriano is 20 for 37 with 7 home runs, 12 runs scored, and 15 RBI's on their homestand after going 5 for 5 today with 2 homers. He's done all that, and risen his average from .188 to .295 in 9 games. I don't think I've ever seen a hitter as hot and cold as Soriano is, but when he's hot, your better off just walking him everytime up.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
I thought D. Lee's was gone, especially with his hop after he hit it.

Not today on the Lee ball. Bay hit two of them that are gone almost any other day at Wrigley, and Soto had one like that too. Wind must have been blowing in today, even the two Soriano homers and one McClouth homer looked to all be headed for the street, but just ended up in the stands (or in McClouth's case, in the basket).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
I'm pretty sure McLouth has owned Marmol this season.

Good call. McLouth has a single, RBI double, solo HR, and two run HR against Marmol this year, now 4 for 4 against him.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
So far this year, us Cubs haters have to be thankful they didn't trade for Josh Hamilton or McLouth, two names they were connected to during the offseason.

They'd have never traded for either of them. They were too worried about getting Roberts, who in fact they don't need right now with the great MIF play they've received.

I am currently entrenched in a debate where Cubs fans are insisiting that they ceased support for Sosa because of his roiding. After they realized how silly they sounded they tried to say that Cubdom turned their back on him in 03. I pointed out that Cubs fans were too busy trying to lynch Steve Bartman. Then they went to the "he walked out on the team" excuse. Unfortunately he was never on the field again for them to b**** at him.

These people are so cute.

QUOTE (Nokona @ May 18, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
After they realized how silly they sounded they tried to say that Cubdom turned their back on him in 03. I pointed out that Cubs fans were too busy trying to lynch Steve Bartman.

Well that's silly of you to point out - the Bartman thing happened on the 2nd to last day of '03. The idiots who actually blamed Bartman for anything were busy lynching him throughout the off-season and '04.