4/29 - SOX @ MIN, 7:10 CT, WCIU

knightni

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
been watching all year.

Starting Pitching= B+

Middle Relief= B

Closer= B

Offense= C-

Defense= C

Managing= C+

Overall Baseball IQ= C

Some pretty harsh ratings. To be in first right now the way we are playing we are fortunate, if the offense would click we will be okay.

Sox better hit Nathan for once.

We've scored only 5 runs off him in little over 30 innings ouch.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
been watching all year.

Starting Pitching= B+

Middle Relief= B

Closer= B

Offense= C-

Defense= C

Managing= C+

Overall Baseball IQ= C

In our division, second most runs scored, least runs allowed. 4th in the league in runs. I guess thats average though?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
How do you know that? He could be a sweet track star that never gets on base.

Well the plan was to have him as the leadoff guy before he got hurt, so evidently the Org. thinks he can do the job. I'm just thinking there needs to be a shakeup. This team needs a spark plug at the top of the order, someone who has speed. This team has zero speed.

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
Well the plan was to have him as the leadoff guy before he got hurt, so evidently the Org. thinks he can do the job. I'm just thinking there needs to be a shakeup. This team needs a spark plug at the top of the order, someone who has speed. This team has zero speed.

Yeah, and thank god he got hurt otherwise you would have never seen Carlos Quentin. Jerry is a 4th OF'er and belongs on a bench, sorry bout it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:35 PM)
Why can't every game be on Sunday? If we were an NFL team, we'd rule. The Sox have dominated on Sunday all season.

lol I remember in 2005 and 2006 Ozzie would put half the bench players in the Sunday lineup. Willie Harris, Timo Perez, etc.

Don't get too excited Dick Bremer, it was Konerko running.

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:35 PM)

Alrighty Mr. 1956 offense. The organization thought Erstad and Pods were an effective one two punch. That set of spark plugs worked for crap.

Who exactly do you want to sit to put Prancer 2.0 into action.

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:35 PM)

The organization was dumb enough to think Quentin should be in AAA to start the season. They are extremely lucky Owens got hurt or this offense would be much worse than you realize.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
we've never come back against nathan, IIRC

Actually, there was a great moment in 2006 where we were down against Nathan and JD hit a game tying home run in the 9th, fist pumping, etc. The problem was, our offense went right back to sleep after that and we wound up losing in 12.

Why can't every game be on Sunday? If we were an NFL team, we'd rule. The Sox have dominated on Sunday all season.

well it is amazing over the course of the year that 1st place teams love to win on Sunday. it is very odd. but the later in the season you will frequently see 5/6 or 6/6 1st place teams win.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:34 AM)
In our division, second most runs scored, least runs allowed. 4th in the league in runs. I guess thats average though?

division or league... division right now would be like being the tallest midget, with one team over .500