White Sox Clubhouse and Sex Dolls

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:28 AM)
Sexual assault on a boat=typical clubhouse antics

Ah yes, I see the similarity

And what is going to get more questions from the 7 year old boy.

Is it, what is a plastic doll or is it, why is Brian Anderson dressed like Cinderella and why is Boone Logan wearing a pink purse.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:26 AM)
What they have in common is embarrassment to the organizaion and their fans. I noted the difference in the events, just like I noticed the difference between this and the Theriot analogy. Why was that brought up? Why wasn't that questioned the same way you question me on this. Certain things are more acceptable than others.

There is no level that the Vikings sex Cruise is acceptable. This blowup doll and Theriot dressing like a girl in hazing is not something that people are going to get arrested for. Go ahead and question the theriot analogy, it actually makes sense in context to what we are talking about. The Vikings sex cruise has no place in this conversation. Im sorry you are so offended at this piece of plastic so much that you compare it to rape and sodomy, but I dont even see anything close to a resemblence in regards to fan embarrassment.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
Do you not comprehend the part where I noted the differences between the two events? And when did blow up dolls in a ML locker room become "typical"?

When was the blowup doll invented? Probably sometime around then. Did you think the guys just magically were the first to come up with an idea like that? Guys had been playing worse pranks on each other and other teams since the 1920's.

Nobody was hurt, the team had a laugh, situation over. No lawsuits, no injuries, no positive drug tests.

Ok. I stand corrected. I'm convinced. There is nothing offensive about blow up dolls. In fact, I'm going to get offline and head over to visit my parents. I think I'll ask my mother for one for my birthday. Thanks for the enlightenment, guys. You've really opened my eyes.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:24 AM)
You still seem to have this idea that a baseball clubhouse is a common workplace, and what happens within your typical office should apply to MLB.

Are you suggesting that a business can declare themselves exempt from laws? Laws are written that specifically exempt certain companies from specific laws, but it doesn't work in reverse. Companies cannot declare themselves above the law.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:23 AM)
Mully and Handley are talking about this now on the Score. Couple of interesting point they brought up....first was that about 30 reporters saw the display but only 6 chose to write about it. Apparently not everyone thought it was such a big deal.

2nd point they made was that in the press box there is so much bad language, and comments that the display in the locker room was almost tame by comparison but yet...noone writes about the press box antics.

I know with the

Sox poor play right now there isn't much to write about but IMO this is a non-story.

I don't know the written and unwritten rules of journalism for a baseball beat writer, but if I were a player I'd be grabbing my colar a little bit over stories such as these. Almost this feeling that you better watch what you say, or do -- even when you're off the record and within the clubhouse -- because you may be some journalists' attempt to fill column space. And, I know, the solution can always be "not to act poorly;" but if these people act a certain way privately, within the company of each and out of sight of the public, there should be a barrier.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
When was the blowup doll invented? Probably sometime around then. Did you think the guys just magically were the first to come up with an idea like that? Guys had been playing worse pranks on each other and other teams since the 1920's.

Nobody was hurt, the team had a laugh, situation over. No lawsuits, no injuries, no positive drug tests.

what the hell is wrong with you man? of course someone was hurt, the blowup doll was. it had bats in orifices and stuff. not to mention the emotional damage. i would not be surprised one bit if she never recovered from this. please don't be so narrow minded.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:36 AM)
Ok. I stand corrected. I'm convinced. There is nothing offensive about blow up dolls. In fact, I'm going to get offline and head over to visit my parents. I think I'll ask my mother for one for my birthday. Thanks for the enlightenment, guys. You've really opened my eyes.

Dont even try to convince us you havent owned one already Yas

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
Are you suggesting that a business can declare themselves exempt from laws? Laws are written that specifically exempt certain companies from specific laws, but it doesn't work in reverse. Companies cannot declare themselves above the law.

Now you've just gone off the deep end. Its a baseball team for s*** sakes.

So based on this thread it is fair to assume this about White Sox fans

W00t! W00t! Blow up dolls! :headbang :headbang f*** the PC b****es :headbang W00t! yEAH! We act like men :headbang Blow up dolls with bats up their ass :headbang Sox fans! Our players are the coolest, they have shrines with blow up dolls :headbang PARTAYY

Is that really the image y'all want? Wow.

I try to be sensitive as the next person about respecting women, even going so far as to encourage manners towards women more common in the south than around here....but boys will also be boys....and there are times when women just need to understand that.

And to Steve, and Yasny, and Tex....have you ever been around a fairly large group of women? Do you hear how they speak in regards to men and sex? Many times they're far worse than men are, and yet men don't get all up in arms about that...and neither do women.

This is not a normal working environment, so stop comparing it to one.

This is not a normal profession, so stop comparing it to one.

I couldn't agree more with stating this is fake outrage. Of all the things to debate in this country right now, this is what we are going to debate. Ridiculous.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)

What law prohibits a blowup doll from an office? Companies may have policies that prohibit them, but I doubt any law is in place making blowup dolls illegal in a workplace

I find it amazing how those even make it through life that are so easily offended.Ones that are so emotionally weak they would let things like this effect them or their family.I would be able to make through the day fine if everyone was to call me a cracker or honkey all day.And I think if my mother was a reporter in the Sox locker room she would be fine even if she was offended.Life is not a utopia people are mean and insensitive at times and we all need not take everything to heart because its not worth it.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:42 AM)
What law prohibits a blowup doll from an office? Companies may have policies that prohibit them, but I doubt any law is in place making blowup dolls illegal in a workplace

One could very, very easily be considered a form of sexual harassment.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:43 AM)
Greatest slumpbuster ever, nick swisher is a man of innovation

Better than f***ing a fat chick, although since they didnt break out of the slump, you know what one of them has to do.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:36 AM)

If I asked my parents for something like that my mom would probably laugh out loud. And if she thought I really wanted it I think she'd get it too. Only after letting me have it for being a perv though. That's just her sense of humor.

BTW just me saying that isn't an endorsement of this or taking a position one way or another.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:39 AM)
Its a baseball team for s*** sakes.

While I agree with others that having sex dolls in the locker room is embarrassing, childish, and somewhat insensitive to certain people, the above statement pretty much nails it. What in the hell do you people expect from a f'n baseball team? Keep in mind that this culture has been up to its neck in rampant hazing, alcoholism, amphetamine use, steroid use, and marital infidelity for decades. I'd be surprised if players DIDN'T do this kind of crap in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)
If I asked my parents for something like that my mom would probably laugh out loud. And if she thought I really wanted it I think she'd get it too. Only after letting me have it for being a perv though. That's just her sense of humor.

BTW just me saying that isn't an endorsement of this or taking a position one way or another.

Just make sure there is some lube involved, there are some sharp edges on those things..........

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
One could very, very easily be considered a form of sexual harassment.

When you are reporting on another business? Maybe if this was in your own workplace, yeah I could see that. But when you step foot into another business to report on what happens there, can you claim sexual harrassment on something that they find acceptable? If a reporter wants to make a column regarding the HBO series "Real Sex" and walks into an office to find a lithograph with the Real Sex opening scene on it, can they claim sexual harrassment because there is a picture of TNA in an HBO office? This blowup doll wasnt intended to offend any specific person. As said earlier, nobody put a nametag that said "Slezak" on this blowup doll.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:44 AM)
Better than f***ing a fat chick, although since they didnt break out of the slump, you know what one of them has to do.

Perhaps Carol Slezak and her feminist cohorts are jealous?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:48 AM)
Perhaps Carol Slezak and her feminist cohorts are jealous?

OK, regardless of your opinion on whether the doll is offensive, some of the posts are getting darn near it. Take it down a notch please.