White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

At least Swisher finally got two hits.

Kidding. There are no bright spots in that joke of a game.

Wasserman's line looks like something that should get him a ticket back to the minors.

Edited by greg775

Hawk was at his absolute worst tonight, apparently Livan Hernandez is Sandy Koufax reincarnated. I understand he's a homer and all but give me a f***ing break all he's doing is adding salt to the wound.

Yes, at least he could point out how the Sox have made 10 pitchers this year look like Koufax. Hawk still is critical at times which is more times than any other announcers in baseball who are homers.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
Hawk was at his absolute worst tonight, apparently Livan Hernandez is Sandy Koufax reincarnated. I understand he's a homer and all but give me a f***ing break all he's doing is adding salt to the wound.

HAHA. I took a break from school work earlier, noticed the score was 8-0 on gameday, and immediately wondered how unbearable Hawk must have been at that moment. If the catch phrases haven't convinced any before, he's very predictable. I'm sure DJ threw out Hernandez's supposed "big game" status as well, noting how he has pitched in the world series.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Man, are people ready to jump ship or what. No positives? How about Dotel and Logan pitching well out of the pen? How about Thome showing some opposite field abilities? How about AJ going 3-4? You can't ALWAYS be negative about things. Yes, it was a terrible game with a terrible outcome, but it isn't the end of the world.

Now, with that said, Greg Walker needs to go yesterday.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)

and that gomez is the next ricky henderson. :P

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
I was long since in bed, but what the hell happened to Wasserman? Judging by the box score it looks like he got his ass kicked!

Yes and no. He walked a guy on a long AB (incl a questionable call that would have been strike 3). There was an infield single, and a shank blooper between 2B and RF. That loaded the bases. He struck out Morneau. Up that point, he was fine, just the victim of bad luck.

But then he actually gave up two real hits, scoring a couple runs, and was replaced by Masset. Masset then proceeded to allow those inherited runners to score. So, Wass gave up two solid hits, and was tagged for 5 runs.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ May 8, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
It just feels like games that include a rain delay also include a half-assed offensive effort on the other side of the delay. Almost like they don't expect the game to be played and then they're taken by surprise when it is. The other team naturally pounces on this.

thats everyday though :ph34r:

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 8, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
What a disaster of a game. Glad I got to see the Twins beat our heads in again. Seems like thats the only games I ever go to.

Anyone have video of Buerhle taking it out on the heater?

No, but as he was swinging the bat like a mad man...I was thinking of Tex's continuing argument in the doll thread that this is just another workplace. I almost made a comment on it...but then I remembered office space...and was like....you know what...he's right.

officeSpacePrinter.jpg

From Reifert's blog:

Best part of Mark's bat-to-heater explosion last night was that he used one of Uribe's bats. Juan is very, very protective of his bats and keeps them all down at the far end of the dugout away from everyone else's lumber. So the idea that Mark grabbed whatever was nearest to him -- in this case Juan's bat -- to inflict his damage is classic.

WTF...maybe that's kinda like someone who is very protective of their car. Always washing it and waxing it, but never wanting to really use it for fear of doing some damage.

This game ranked high on the suck-itude meter. That freakin rain delay... I knew we were in trouble when, taking our seats, they started rolling the tarp out. I've already been to three rain-delayed or rained-out games this season. Ugh.

Buehrle just had an off night. File it. But this offense? This is getting beyond ridiculous. Are we really going to watch another year of this?

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 8, 2008 -> 10:07 AM)
From Reifert's blog:

Best part of Mark's bat-to-heater explosion last night was that he used one of Uribe's bats. Juan is very, very protective of his bats and keeps them all down at the far end of the dugout away from everyone else's lumber. So the idea that Mark grabbed whatever was nearest to him -- in this case Juan's bat -- to inflict his damage is classic.

WTF...maybe that's kinda like someone who is very protective of their car. Always washing it and waxing it, but never wanting to really use it for fear of doing some damage.

What is Uribe protecting? Its not like his bats have done him any good for years now anyway [/obligatoryUribeJoke]