AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

Kalapse

The White Sox's starting left fielder:

2-4, HR, 5 RBI (first career granny)

.293/.401/.586/.988, 10 HR, 34 RBI on the season

The man is INTENSE!

Oh and Jose freaking Contreras went 7 innnings allowed 1 run on 4 hits. Great game.

I hope he stays in the 3rd slot in the lineup for the next 10 years.

It's been tough for me to find a legitimate favorite player since Big Frank left... but I think I'm falling hard for Big Carlos. That guy is a stud, and his bat flip is legendary :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Edited by Fantl916

QUOTE (tommy @ May 14, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
Huge credit goes to Jose Contreras, great game tonight.

What do you guys think of Mike Scioscia, deciding to intentionally walk AJP?

I was following on Gameday and when I read it, I literally said out loud "They're intentionally walking AJ to get to Quentin?"

QUOTE (tommy @ May 14, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)
What do you guys think of Mike Scioscia, deciding to intentionally walk AJP?

i thought it was strange at the time and in hindsight it was obviously a bad choice. My only guess is that Quentin's name just doesn't strike any fear in opposing teams yet, but I bet if the same situation comes up again tomorrow the Angels will handle it a little differently...

You have to do that there, as you need to set up the force at home. AJP is a great contact hitter, so it's not like you could count on striking him out. Also, I don't know what the stats say this year, but Shields is filthy against righties.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
You have to do that there, as you need to set up the force at home. AJP is a great contact hitter, so it's not like you could count on striking him out. Also, I don't know what the stats say this year, but Shields is filthy against righties.

I agree, that was the right call. AJ is a solid contact hitter and regardless the game became a one run game and the best chance at getting out of that inning unscaved is by putting AJ on and getting a force at all bases. Quentin came up and took two close fastballs and than took advantage of Shields having to come in. It was just textbook.

I freaking love Quentin. I also want to point out that it looks as if Swisher is getting closer and closer to getting out of his funk and OC looked like his old self at the plate. I love AJ in the 2 spot. I would be fine with him leading off too, but two spot works fine.

Nice job making the change Ozzie.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 14, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)
Carlos Quentin. He is very good.

Someone posted this on Cheats site. http://www.southsidesox.com

qman.jpg

His body needs to be puffed up a bit. It looks to small....

CQ is the s*** though and has the perfect attitude. "I was just hoping to come through for the team,'' Quentin said after driving in 5 runs against the Angels. "The story of the game tonight was Jose Contreras. He threw the ball great.''

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)

AJP also apparently still etched in Scosia's head since 2005

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2008 -> 12:21 AM)
I also want to point out that it looks as if Swisher is getting closer and closer to getting out of his funk

Yeah he was hitting the ball hard yesterday, it was good to see. Offensive victory aside, most of our pitching staff is just brilliant, and it'd be so much more fun to watch if the offense just gave the dog a damn bone like it did last night and the first two in Seattle. I expect Buehrle will be joining the other four Friday in S.F.