5/15 gamethread: Sox (19-20) vs Angels (24-18); CSN; 9:05

so much to say, so little time to say it, so I just won't use the spacebar

Vazquezisaf***inggodGarlandsuckscuzIsaidsoMakesureyourkidsaresafebecauseCarlosQuentinmaystealthemand

usethemastoysbecausehedoeswhateverhewantsto

that felt good

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Javy's stats on the year so far:

Bolded relevant stats pertaining to tonight's game:

vs. Left: .312 vs. Right: .206

Home: 3.29 Road: 4.01

Day: 1.64 Night: 5.10

Turf: 1.93 Grass: 4.26

Current Month: 3.38 Last 30 Days: 3.82

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 15, 2008 -> 03:54 AM)
so much to say, so little time to say it, so I just won't use the spacebar

Vazquezisaf***inggodGarlandsuckscuzIsaidsoMakesureyourkidsaresafebecauseCarlosQuentinmaystealthemand

usethemastoysbecausehedoeswhateverhewantsto

that felt good

like I said yesterday, WSF, I love it when you analyze

QUOTE (knightni @ May 15, 2008 -> 11:39 AM)
ph_279782.jpg

BAKED

I'm GOING, GOING.....BACK, BACK TO CALI CALI

Lol I just noticed that pic on the mlb site, and had to do a double take... I was like is that really you Judy?? Word is, 5 o'clock shadows are very trendy in the O.C. right now. :unsure: He seems very enthusiastic though.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
I'd like to see Anderson play tonight, as we all know Garland doesn't throw a lot of curves or sliders. Anderson is one of our best straight fastball hitters.

True, plus Javy might throw more flyballs than any of our pitches (that's a guess, I know Floyd and Danks throw quite a few too) so it might be busy out there tonight and having good defense in a park that big is always a plus.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 11:40 AM)
I'd like to see Anderson play tonight, as we all know Garland doesn't throw a lot of curves or sliders. Anderson is one of our best straight fastball hitters.

who would you sit? we're having trouble scoring runs.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 15, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
This thread is already hating on JG. I will go with a different approach. Jon thanks for a solid career with the Sox, but sorry, CQ is coming after you!

I don't hate him or anyone else for that matter. I have never liked his arrogance. But, I do appreciate his contributions to the Sox World Series.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
I'd sit PK tonight. With Garland on the mound, he's a double play waiting to happen.

I'd have to agree...even though Thome looks completely lost at the plate right now. I also think it might be asking a bit too much, Ozzie might want to go with the same line-up mixup for 2 games in a row to see if there is any chemistry there.

On the opposite side of spectrum, I forsee Uribe seeing the ball well off Jon... and could be in for a good night.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ May 15, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
I'd have to agree...even though Thome looks completely lost at the plate right now. I also think it might be asking a bit too much, Ozzie might want to go with the same line-up mixup for 2 games in a row to see if there is any chemistry there.

On the opposite side of spectrum, I forsee Uribe seeing the ball well off Jon... and could be in for a good night.

Sounds like a pick to click to me :hawk:

I agree with sitting PK. Add to it that Garland doesn't exactly throw hard, so that may allow Thome to catch up to a fastball or two. Swisher to 1B, Anderson to CF.

That also allows for the Sox to pinch hit with PK late in the game when/if Oliver is brought on to face Thome.