Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 08:27 AM)
Just in case you guys did not check the BG thread

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/200...tory?id=4104307

Update, per ESPN

Gordon's MRI good news for Bulls

Bulls guard Ben Gordon is day to day with a hamstring strain he suffered in the first half of Sunday's double-overtime victory over the Boston Celtics in Chicago.

An MRI on Monday revealed nothing unexpected for Gordon, who maintained several times after the game he would be ready to play in Tuesday's Game 5 in Boston.

Gordon, who knocked down a 3-pointer to tie it with 4.5 seconds left in the first overtime, tweaked his left hamstring on a drive to the basket in the second quarter of the 121-118 victory.

"I was driving and I heard something pop," said Gordon, who incurred the injury while shooting in the second quarter. "It's sore; hopefully it's not too serious. I'm going to do what I need to do."

Gordon also was knocked to the floor, on his back, on a hard foul by Glen Davis with 9.8 seconds left in the first OT.

The Celtics led by five points in the first overtime and were still up 110-107 after Ray Allen hit two free throws with 9 seconds left. They were then supposed to foul, but instead, Gordon buried another dramatic 3.

The performance by the Hornets tonight has to be one of the worst all time playoff performances if not the worst ever playoff performance in NBA history. Lost by 58 pts at home against the Nuggets at home while down 2-1 in the series. That just isn't acceptable and every fan should get their money back.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 11:06 PM)
The performance by the Hornets tonight has to be one of the worst all time playoff performances if not the worst ever playoff performance in NBA history. Lost by 58 pts at home against the Nuggets at home while down 2-1 in the series. That just isn't acceptable and every fan should get their money back.

I'm pretty sure it's the worst playoff loss by any team ever. A 58 point loss should be automatic elimination.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 02:08 AM)
I'm sure glad the refs decided to stop calling fouls on L.A. after the Jazz cut the lead from 22 to 6. I've always been skeptical of NBA officiating though.

Too true, Jazz couldn't even buy a call. Loved Sloan cursing out the ref's and getting tossed.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 01:14 AM)
Too true, Jazz couldn't even buy a call. Loved Sloan cursing out the ref's and getting tossed.

lol I love it when he gets mad. I don't doubt the better team won the series, but call it the same both ways.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 12:04 AM)
I'm pretty sure it's the worst playoff loss by any team ever. A 58 point loss should be automatic elimination.

Per Yahoo sports

"The New Orleans Arena was mostly empty by the end of the third quarter, when Denver led 89-50 on its way to matching the most lopsided victory in NBA playoff history. The Minneapolis Lakers beat the St. Louis Hawks 133-75 in 1956."

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 05:30 PM)
If I accidentally killed a person I would be too.

Yeah, I would be thinking to myself "I really shouldnt have been waving around that shotgun accidentally like I was cool" a whole bunch.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 05:30 PM)
If I accidentally killed a person I would be too.

Except for the fact that it wasnt an accident. I watched the whole trial and although I do think it was the correct ruling considering the evidence but I am convinced he shot that guy in anger because he was snooping around in his house and J Williams caught him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
LOL at Boston fans and reporters trying to start a conspiracy theory against the Bulls and the refs. Come on Boston, if any city gets favorable calls and treatment from any league its you.

Yeah, it's dumb.