Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 6, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
Alston will probably be missing the next game.

Regardless I laughed, that reminded me of something that would happen in a basketball game in gym class.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
Derek Fisher and Rafer Alston receive suspensions, no time off for Kobe or Artest. Kobe's was moved to a Flagrant 1.

well deserved for d-fish. that was out of character and completely uncalled for. it's so funny watching the lakers trying to be "tough" after they got their asses knocked around last year by Boston. It's not in their nature to play tough physical basketball. I sooo hope the Rockets go up 3-1 this weekend. Can't stand the talk radio out here one more day.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
I can't believe I'm actually siding with Ron Artest. I had no problem with him going up to Bryant. A technical foul was alright but I didn't agree with an ejection.

Agreed. Kobe must of not realized that it was Ron Artest that he was trying to elbow.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
well deserved for d-fish. that was out of character and completely uncalled for. it's so funny watching the lakers trying to be "tough" after they got their asses knocked around last year by Boston. It's not in their nature to play tough physical basketball. I sooo hope the Rockets go up 3-1 this weekend. Can't stand the talk radio out here one more day.

Yea,funny how the Lakers confuse playing dirty with being physical,I still think the Lakers will advance but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
I find it interesting that the NBA has found its testicles when it comes to suspensions. There isn't a chance that Fishers slap was worse than Rondos two point takedown of Kirk Hinrich into the scorers table.

Fisher didn't slap anyone. I think you mean Alston. FWIW, what Fisher did should have been 2 games.

And that'll be game 3 to us thank you very much.

Lewis and Turk have had great games. They play like that for the rest of the series, Boston have got no chance.

There was a time it was thought pitchers wouldn’t benefit from steroids. They’ve tested positive as often, if not more than, hitters.

There was a time it was thought just power hitters would benefit from steroids. Speed guys have tested positive, too.

There was a time it was thought steroids would make a player’s body deteriorate rapidly and almost immediately. Players have used steroids to help recovery from injury.

We’re in a time it’s thought steroids weren’t used in the NBA. How long until that becomes past tense, too?

Pistons blog. Some Before/After Lebron photos there also.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2009 -> 01:14 AM)

1.) Don't EVER listen to any Pistons blogs. ESPECIALLY any pertaining to Lebron. They're still pissed he scored like 27 straight on them in the playoffs.

2.) Lebron came into the league at like, what, 18? 19? He's still physically maturing. He's due to get stronger/bigger/faster/etc. That's how things go.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
1.) Don't EVER listen to any Pistons blogs. ESPECIALLY any pertaining to Lebron. They're still pissed he scored like 27 straight on them in the playoffs.

2.) Lebron came into the league at like, what, 18? 19? He's still physically maturing. He's due to get stronger/bigger/faster/etc. That's how things go.

Great points... To add to that, LeBron only weighs about 15 more lbs than he did in high school, which makes it reasonable to assume he added that weight/muscle normally. Yes, he's a lot more defined, but I'd say that's pretty normal going from a high school workout routine (if he even had one, which it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't since he's so naturally big) to a NBA-type workout routine. It's really not that surprising at all that he could look like that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2009 -> 10:14 PM)

Lebron was huge in high school as well. The guy has always been an absolute freak. Maybe he was using in HS as well but if you look at him in HS when he was 16 and 17 it really isn't that shocking that he looks like he does now.

lebron.jpg

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2009 -> 11:44 PM)

Exactly. I love Lebron and refuse to manufacture any negative information on him.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 8, 2009 -> 11:45 PM)
Exactly. I love Lebron and refuse to manufacture any negative information on him.

Well, that's what I'm for.

Lebron takes steroids. It's true until proven otherwise!!

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 8, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
Well, that's what I'm for.

Lebron takes steroids. It's true until proven otherwise!!

Didn't just think of Lebron there. There's a handful of other NBA guys I've always wondered about, going back at least 15 years.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 9, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
So looks like Mark Cuban will be gettin another big fine eh.

Yao done for the post-season also with another fracture in his foot.

Yeah the end of the Nuggets/Mavs game was interesting to say the least. Cuban will get a fine for pushing the camera man. Josh Howard might get a fine also.

Edited by WilliamTell