White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 10:24 AM)
I think last night was just one of those games, right?

And given what happened against a s*** Rockies pitcher, maybe the debacle in Detroit wasn't all due to the great Tigers pitching like some people here tried to argue?

But people will jump down your throat when you dare suggest the Sox are "back to normal." Because, god knows, a team getting hot for a couple games is a much better indicator of their hitting ability than the previous 2 months of the season.

As opposed to people jumping down your throat everytime something bad happens insisting "the sky is falling".

Some of us arent all doom and gloom and like to think that there is a shot to win the division. Sorry to ruin your fun.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 12:24 PM)
I think last night was just one of those games, right?

And given what happened against a s*** Rockies pitcher, maybe the debacle in Detroit wasn't all due to the great Tigers pitching like some people here tried to argue?

But people will jump down your throat when you dare suggest the Sox are "back to normal." Because, god knows, a team getting hot for a couple games is a much better indicator of their hitting ability than the previous 2 months of the season.

There was not a single person here arguing or even suggesting that Tigers pitching was good, that was just you seeing things through doom and gloom glasses, as always. The closest thing to whatever it is you're trying to say is when I was saying Verlander is an ace who is starting to come around despite his rough outings this season, and every now and again he will shut the Sox down (he has done it before), but you weren't trying to hear that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 04:33 PM)
Its time to do something before this season is lost. First place teams in the AL do not start players hitting near .200. Thome has missed meatball fastballs more times this season than he has in his whole career. We need to make a move.

If we have medicore production from Kong, Dye and Thome as a group and we are running away from this. What a shame we are wasting such good pitching.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
If we have medicore production from Kong, Dye and Thome as a group and we are running away from this. What a shame we are wasting such good pitching.

That's why at the beginning of the year I wasn't against a "rebuild" somewhat moving at least one or two of those guys. You know how much better this team would be if Kenny would have pulled the trigger on a deal with the Halos for Konerko (that involved Kotchman or Figgins). Like I've said with Dye...there's no middle ground with him...or Thome. They're either ultra-hot...or completely suck.

This team is very frustrating to watch. And one of the things that bothered my about Ozzie going off last week is he "recanted"...saying he was merely trying to motivate this team and he really would "do anything" anyway. WTF is that?!? Back up your threats once in a while or it's boy that cried wolf...which is what it's turning into.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
Its time to do something before this season is lost. First place teams in the AL do not start players hitting near .200. Thome has missed meatball fastballs more times this season than he has in his whole career. We need to make a move.

thats what Ozzie said after the Tampa series. same frustration with nowhere to turn.

What is with Ozzie leaving his starting pitchers in way too long lately? He had been doing such a good job earlier in the season, but over the course of the last week, it's been just awful. I hope we don't see Owens instead of Eldred if PK goes to the DL. However, with what Taveras did this weekend, I'm sure Ozzie wants his speedy leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 10:57 PM)
We've lost five of six now, playing s***ty baseball again.

I say it's Griffey time. Can he play first base?

Greg, you haven't even looked at Griffey's numbers, have you? You b**** and moan about Thome, yet Griffey hasn't even close to as good as Thome has and he's more injury prone.

Soxtalk's obsession with Ken Griffey Jr really needs to die quickly...he's a legend, but he's way past his prime and he's a mediocre hitter at this point in his career.