6/20 Game Thread - CWS @ CHC, 1:20pm CT

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
I could see pulling Danks for Thome against a righty in the 7th, but certainly not Uribe.

Who gives a s*** whether it was ANY bat off the bench, the point is, Danks was getting lifted. He could have warmed twice and been told before the game started he was only going 6. As I said earlier, no one knows.

But all I know is , Dotel SUCKS. That f***er COST US THE GAME, BABY! I"M YELLING AND PISSED. AND URIBE BLOWS!

THOME YOU SUCK!

Sorry. I'm so jaded. :)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
Its pretty evident the more times through the lineup, plus the added fatigue, and its only going to get more difficult to get guys out. Bottom line is I wouldn't have had a problem if Ozzie went either way because you could make the argument that either move makes sense.

The only time there is legitimate reason to question a call (as far as I'm concerned) is if there is no rationale reasoning behind such move.

I could summarize exactly what Ozzie did today... OVER-MANAGING. It was unnecessary for him to pull Danks, but he was playing the percentages. However, percentages aren't full-proof.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
You sound like Hawk.

I'd say putting in Dotel and cutting Danks for URIBE is a far bigger risk than leaving in you're already cruising pitcher with a relatively low pitch count, especially considering some of the key f***ups Dotel has made so far this year.

You aren't amongst the league leaders in K's/9 inning because you suck. Dotel has blown some games, but last I looked thats the nature of being a 7th/8th inning guy. The big concern I have over him is questionable control but he didn't give up the runs because of walks, he gave them up cause he didn't have his "A" stuff.

Sure he doesn't throw mid 90's, but you don't get that many bats to miss a night on accident. Its also funny how you forget all the key moments he's had this season. Just like a lot of you who are ripping Crede today seem to forget the all around great year he's having.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
There was no rational picking Dotel out of all people when you have seen what he has done in hostile environments. Like when he came in against the Yankees in the opener against them I believe it was. Completely choked and I called it. He is not the same pitcher he was. Stop using him. I honestly have more confidence in Masset because at least his stuff is pretty good. He actually has a chance. Dotel has the mentality that he could still go right down the middle with his fastball or slider because he hasn't come to terms that he's lost it. He can't blow anyone by anymore.

He only averages 1.5 k's an inning. He's lost it. Get real.

There was no rational picking Dotel out of all people when you have seen what he has done in hostile environments. Like when he came in against the Yankees in the opener against them I believe it was. Completely choked and I called it. He is not the same pitcher he was. Stop using him. I honestly have more confidence in Masset because at least his stuff is pretty good. He actually has a chance. Dotel has the mentality that he could still go right down the middle with his fastball or slider because he hasn't come to terms that he's lost it. He can't blow anyone by anymore.

Bingo.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
The one thing I will say, is it wouldn't have been out of the question to being in Line instead of Dotel in that situation. It could be very easily argued that the 7th with 3-4-5 up was much more important than the 8th, therefore you bring in your better pitcher in Linebrink, then pitch Dotel in the 8th.

I agree with this. I realized right away why Danks was out looking at who was due up, and yes, I perhaps though Linebrink could have taken the 7th, but I'm not gonna nail it on Ozzie for using Dotel, considering he has been pretty effective this year overall. But yes, good point.