The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 10:39 PM)
Nobody at SoxTalk is attacking you for your beliefs in terms of gay marriage. It's called freedom of religion. Now if you were running for elected office in KS, you would be a fair target...but you know as well as I that it will never pass into law in that state.

Sorry, I think it is bigoted and wrong that a religion should define a union of marriage that is upheld in a federal law. Youre viewpoint is mean and wrong, greg

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A flat tax wouldn't eliminate the IRS. Tax brackets are the easy part, and if you're like most people with a simple w2 and a standard deduction, taxes are really simple. What makes it complicated is determining what actually counts as taxable income and what's deductible and what tax credits you have.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)
Sorry, I think it is bigoted and wrong that a religion should define a union of marriage that is upheld in a federal law. Youre viewpoint is mean and wrong, greg

Yeah I apologize for my stance if it offends. To be clear, I am OK with the legality of a male/male union or female/female union. All the same legal rights you get as if it's man/woman union. And I don't like the fact some bakeries or whatever don't want to make cakes for male/male weddings, etc. That's kind of silly. Just make the f***ing cake. Who cares what it goes for. Although it'd be pretty disgusting to make a Nazi cake or a White Supremists cake. You can see why the bakery owners are balking about this issue. What if the government law made you make a White Supremist cake?? I'd be sickened in the whole process. Some bakery owners want the right to pick and choose who they serve.

I also am going against my Catholic religion in saying gays, of course, should be admitted to the church. Although my church quietly is going against Rome as in my church's bylaws it indicates ALL are welcome.

Anyhow, I should be ashamed of myself I guess. But it's simple physics to me. A man/man are incapable of biologically having a baby; ditto woman/woman. If a man wants to be with another man for life, fine. But I don't think it should be recognizd as marriage because IMO at least, God didn't design it that way because if he wanted it that way you'd biologically be able to have kids. I don't think I'm a bad person but I just think the one thing gays should give up is the idea of official marriage. It's a partnership not a marriage. Sorry I currently feel this way. If it makes me horrible person, my bad.

If you want I can kill this post. I just felt I should be honest.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 03:35 PM)
Yeah I apologize for my stance if it offends. To be clear, I am OK with the legality of a male/male union or female/female union. All the same legal rights you get as if it's man/woman union. And I don't like the fact some bakeries or whatever don't want to make cakes for male/male weddings, etc. That's kind of silly. Just make the f***ing cake. Who cares what it goes for. Although it'd be pretty disgusting to make a Nazi cake or a White Supremists cake. You can see why the bakery owners are balking about this issue. What if the government law made you make a White Supremist cake?? I'd be sickened in the whole process. Some bakery owners want the right to pick and choose who they serve.

I also am going against my Catholic religion in saying gays, of course, should be admitted to the church. Although my church quietly is going against Rome as in my church's bylaws it indicates ALL are welcome.

Anyhow, I should be ashamed of myself I guess. But it's simple physics to me. A man/man are incapable of biologically having a baby; ditto woman/woman. If a man wants to be with another man for life, fine. But I don't think it should be recognizd as marriage because IMO at least, God didn't design it that way because if he wanted it that way you'd biologically be able to have kids. I don't think I'm a bad person but I just think the one thing gays should give up is the idea of official marriage. It's a partnership not a marriage. Sorry I currently feel this way. If it makes me horrible person, my bad.

And now we are comparing people who are gay to White Supremacists and Nazi's? Would you sell cake to black people? How about people with down syndrome or autism? It's the same thing.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 11:27 PM)
And now we are comparing people who are gay to White Supremacists and Nazi's? Would you sell cake to black people? How about people with down syndrome or autism? It's the same thing.

Read my post. Not what I'm saying. I said the bakers should bake cake's for gay weddings and should not bake cakes for Nazis or White Supremists. Read my post closer.

This should be interesting.

Hillary got a big media coronation and worship session after she appeared on Saturday Night Live. Let's see how the media handles Trump's appearance. I'd say they'll either attack his hair and his looks, saying how he appeared physically or say the skits sucked and he hurt himself by appearing on the silly comedy show.

Or they'll merely ignore his appearance if in fact it's good.

LOL. Gotta love the media. They worshiped Hillary after her appearance.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 02:48 AM)
Black people will not vote for Ben Carson.

And Jason Whitlock would tell you it's because Carson made it big by conventional means (hard work) while not fighting the white man's world. Some African Americans don't like when fellow blacks get educated, lead law abiding lives, become great citizens and "play the game" to succeed. They don't like it at all. It's not me saying it, it's a black journalist named Jason Whitlock.

You tell me why they won't vote for Ben besides the reason I gave. It's because he's cooperated with the white world.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 06:36 AM)
And Jason Whitlock would tell you it's because Carson made it big by conventional means (hard work) while not fighting the white man's world. Some African Americans don't like when fellow blacks get educated, lead law abiding lives, become great citizens and "play the game" to succeed. They don't like it at all. It's not me saying it, it's a black journalist named Jason Whitlock.

You tell me why they won't vote for Ben besides the reason I gave. It's because he's cooperated with the white world.

for me, and me only, i don't agree. i can't see what has been said.

i just look at president Obama .

however what might derail my opinion, the new stuff of his embellishing his past, if that is true.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 12:36 AM)

No, it's because he's a Republican.

LOL I was right. No coverage of the Trump appearance on SNL except I saw two reviews that said the show was boring/awful. I'm very surprised they didn't doctor the overnight rating numbers. Entertainment Weekly said the Trump show had the highest ratings since 2012. His ratings were 47 percent higher than the Hillary/Miley Cyrus episode. I bet Hillary's camp will soon agree to host the show. Kudos to one outlet for reporting the ratings kick/ass whooping by Trump for NBC.

I may vote republican for the first time in my life simply based on all the candidates being against the ridiculous min wage hikes that have brought up around the country. This would only be true if trump isn't the republican candidate as I'd rather not vote at all over support someone like him....

yesterday morning, i was at breakfast, the african american doctor who is our community leader for the african american vote, sat down and we talked. you see, i am close friends with 2 of the african american judges and others minority politicians and well they trust me.

the first thing i brought up was Dr. Carson and all this stuff. he told me without even a pause or eyes blinking, that as he knows it, as of right now, the african american and the creoles were and are embarrass of the latest new of Carson history. they just wish he would just step down and shut up. they also believed he put the black vote back several decades.

this he said was the general feelings he was getting...

now i trust him but i question the several decade response, well b/c i do.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 04:43 AM)
I may vote republican for the first time in my life simply based on all the candidates being against the ridiculous min wage hikes that have brought up around the country. This would only be true if trump isn't the republican candidate as I'd rather not vote at all over support someone like him....

You mean the suggestions to raise the minimum wage to what it was 20 or 30 years ago, after inflation?

I don't think a big raise all at once is a good idea, but I do think it should be higher nationally. And probably more importantly, you do that ONCE, and attach an annual market basket adjustment to it so that you don't have to have this discussion again.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
The fact that you call them "african judges" is a giant concern in itself.

you got a very good point esp since you really don't know me.

but my only excuse is i was half asleep when writing this.

thanks for bringing this to my attention.