How much should we worry about Joe Crede?

whitesoxfan101

Did anyone else notice that FOX constantly had the camera on Crede? He musta been standing right next to one, it seemed like they always went to Crede's face on an important play to gage his stare. I mean I know they rotated through a lot of guys, but Crede kept popping up again and again.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps if he actually deserved to be there things would be different. But yeah I'm psyched to see him pop out to second in his 1 AB.

I took this as a slam on Joe. If it wasn't one then I'm mistaken.

I commented that he was a class act, that's all.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
I took this as a slam on Joe. If it wasn't one then I'm mistaken.

I commented that he was a class act, that's all.

You're mistaken. It was just my reasoning for not being all that excited about see Joe Crede in the All Star Game (which of course makes me a bad fan.) You apparently took it as an attack on Joe Crede's character which frankly, perplexes me. I'm sure he's a great guy and I've never said anything to the contrary.

I don't see what the controversy is here. All-Star 2008 should mean the guys in 2008 with the best numbers. I'm sure Joe's a great guy, but he didn't deserve to be there. When you look at his career numbers, I don't see how people keep saying he's been overlooked so many times, etc. etc. The All-star game is a joke. A lot of guys there didn't deserve it and a lot of guys who did got left out. Simple as that.

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 11:21 PM)
On topic, I'm not really worried about Crede, except for if he can reach type B or A free agent status to bring us back some prospects when he leaves.

If he and Cabrera both were type A's and left, we'd get 4 compensation picks.

And with the way we drafted this season (probably our best draft in years), I'd be excited to see what we could do with that.

Crede is the least of our concerns, he is batting 8th. Not to many 8th place hitters have 16 hrs and 58 rbi. The one that should be traded and us concerned about is Konerko. Sometimes I think some of us just post anything without really thinking about what that player does for the team. As of right now , our team with Konerko took a step back (Swisher is better than him on defense and is better than him offensively, thats not saying much), if the Sox trade Crede and Konerko is still on the team, the Sox take another 1-2 steps backwards. Remember folks, Konerko WAS our clean up hitter.

Edited by Soxpranos

Crede is the least of our concerns, he is batting 8th. Not to many 8th place hitters have 16 hrs and 58 rbi. The one that should be traded and us concerned about is Konerko. Sometimes I think some of us just post anything without really thinking about what that player does for the team. As of right now , our team with Konerko took a step back (Swisher is better than him on defense and is better than him offensively, thats not saying much), if the Sox trade Crede and Konerko is still on the team, the Sox take another 1-2 steps backwards. Remember folks, Konerko WAS our clean up hitter.

This doesn't make any sense.

We shouldn't worry about Crede's numbers because he was demoted to Uribe's spot, but Konerko should be held against a harder curve because we was demoted to the 6th spot. :unsure:

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 15, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
The baseball world took notice of Crede's impending exit from Chicago.

''He's probably the most underrated player in the league,'' Minnesota Twins All-Star closer Joe Nathan said. ''One of those guys who is Gold Glove-caliber defensively. It seems like he is making unbelievable plays, especially against us. Offensively, he kills us. You feel like you make a great pitch to the guy, and he's standing on second base. He fits in perfectly with their lineup.

''That's why I was surprised to see they were talking about getting rid of him. We were like, 'We'll take him if you guys don't want him.'''

Reason number 1,421 why most pro athletes would never make it as a GM.

[metsandangelsfans]Santana and Hunter are really good. We'll take them if you guys don't want them."[/metsandangelsfans]

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
Sometimes fans tend to take for granted their own. Those aren't bad numbers. Somebody's going to pay Joe a lot of money next year.

Nobody is taking Joe Crede for granted especially lately, except for the beginning of the season when some took it overboard. I don't know where you're getting this from. There are a good number of fans who don't think Joe will be playing for the Sox next year but that's not the same thing.

Edited by lostfan

When Crede is hot, you don't see or hear people ripping on him. It applies to every player who has a lot of haters, could be Crede, Vazquez, Anderson. The only exception is Uribe and then to an extent Anderson. When people have good overall numbers (800+ OPS or higher than 100 OPS+), they aren't taken for granted.

Case in point: you just used the words "come alive."

Edited by lostfan