7/23 - SOX vs. TEX, 1:05 pm, CSN

knightni

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
What happened? BTW, what bad defense was responsible for the runs by the Rangers in the 4th?

Blalock with a grounder, looks like a guaranteed infield single, Alexei comes charging and flips the ball with his glove straight to Konerko, who bare hands it and gets Blalock out at first with time to spare.

Bullpen, just three hits (though two were homers), four errors, not excellent starting pitching equals another loss at home. This could be the Ozzie explosion day unless our hitters crush the ball the next 3 innings against a team with bad pitching.

Let's see....the offense sucks, the defense sucks, the starting pitching besides Buehrle is tanking, and the bullpen is tanking. This upcoming road trip will define the season for the Sox....anything less than .500, and we're in trouble.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
This .222 hitter looked bad on 2 sliders so he throws him a fastball right there. I am afraid this game might be over

With how average the Rangers pen is, it probably shouldn't be over. However, saying that, it more then likely is.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
Why is Ozzie leaving Boone in there? We have a bullpen with a lot of guys who haven't pitched much lately, and a 2 run lead is nothing vs the Rangers.

and a day off tomorrow.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
Let's see....the offense sucks, the defense sucks, the starting pitching besides Buehrle is tanking, and the bullpen is tanking. This upcoming road trip will define the season for the Sox....anything less than .500, and we're in trouble.

I totally agree with you. But, if I made a post like this, it'd be all over. They'd be mocking this for weeks after each time we win a game.

QUOTE (robin23 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
Who right not can you say has been pitching well as of late?

And to top it all off, the Tigers are winning again and will now be within 4.5 games. I'm offically scared now!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:19 PM)
This team needs to get some men on base for Quentin, Dye and Thome to hit a few bombs.

God forbid if we just string together a bunch of basehits....