7/31 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm CSN)

joejoesox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was predictable after the Gardenhire meltdown.

it was predictable to me when it was 4-0 and then morneau made it 4-3, once danks walked span in the 7th i knew it was over.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)
I hope Griff can bring a new attitude to this club. I hope next time we play at the metrodome the guys dont convince Ken that winning there is impossible.

Jr. will probably have to sit those games so he doesn't hurt himself on the turf.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
I hope Griff can bring a new attitude to this club. I hope next time we play at the metrodome the guys dont convince Ken that winning there is impossible.

IIRC Griffey has done pretty well against the Twins over his career.

Yes, and the Tigers too if I'm not mistaken. I would think that's a key factor for why we got him.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)

I may be crazy but perhaps someone who hasn't sat through the bulls*** we play at the metrodome might bring a new outlook to the team, maybe revitalize us a bit. If anyone can, I'd say we got him. He is probably the most respected hitter in the game.

This needs to be asked at next years Soxfest.

Cub fans believe in curses, goats and bartmans. So why exactly as a member of the sox organization would you promote the idea that we cannot win in a divisional opponents park. How about we man up and no matter what, take it as a challenge to beat that team.

Edited by southsideirish71

you guys wanna know how bad our bullpen is right now, it's pretty easy to see

it was 4-3 when the starter left the game

it's 10-6 now. that's 7 runs.

we're not winning any playoff series with these guys, sorry but it's not gonna happen

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 03:17 AM)
we're not winning any playoff series with these guys, sorry but it's not gonna happen

Unless Linebrink returns in the next 2 weeks and is healthy, it's hard to see this team making the playoffs.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was predictable after the Gardenhire meltdown.

The only thing that was predictable was the f***ing bullpen diarrhea attack. Gardy didn't have anything to do with Thornton and Dotel tossing meatballs up to the plate on fastball counts. f***in duh...

Time to call up the minor leaguers. Give me Link, Rodriguez, give me someone new with some potential who hasn't s*** the bed already. No more Russell. And get Logan out of here until he can throw strikes.

Yuck. Today was not the day to roll over and die.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
He's the best manager in baseball, and it's not even close.

Never said he wasn't.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:16 PM)
Yes, and the Tigers too if I'm not mistaken. I would think that's a key factor for why we got him.

We only play MIN 3 more times. Hopefully, those games don't mean jack. But with our play now, they'll mean everything.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
it was predictable to me when it was 4-0 and then morneau made it 4-3, once danks walked span in the 7th i knew it was over.

Pretty much. We weren't going to win by a run in hell.